This Is The What You Need For Boost!

This turbo kit will create at least 2 cubic ft of pressured air per second.

ok let's see 2(cfm)x60(sec)=.....WOW....120 CFM!!! sounds like a major bottleneck to me!!:confused: :eek: :D

I bet when you hit the gas the vacuum makes it spin faster like a fan in the window on a breezy day!!

better than those typical 'electric turbochargers' you see for sale that are ventillating fans. garret has made electric assisted turbochargers before for trucks, to decrease spoolup time. I bet you could make an electric turbo out of a beefy cobalt motor and a giant capacitor plus a turbine that would run long enough for a trip down the strip, might be good for like 1 or 2 psi of boost with zero load on the engine. The technology isn't there yet for cool stuff like that, but it's just a matter of time.

Originally posted by jastrckl
better than those typical 'electric turbochargers' you see for sale that are ventillating fans. garret has made electric assisted turbochargers before for trucks, to decrease spoolup time. I bet you could make an electric turbo out of a beefy cobalt motor and a giant capacitor plus a turbine that would run long enough for a trip down the strip, might be good for like 1 or 2 psi of boost with zero load on the engine. The technology isn't there yet for cool stuff like that, but it's just a matter of time.

How could you avaoid a load on the engine from the power being used to run the big electric motor.It seems possible that parasitic loss from a huge alternator would probably eat up any gain that 1-2 psi would make.

You didn't listen. "giant capacitor". You wouldn't run it off of the battery. The motor would probably be powerful enough and large enough that it'd murder the battery anyway from the current draw. You charge the capacitor BEFORE the run. No alternator or battery involved -during- the run.