You can type here any text you want

this is why you need to learn to do the work on your own

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I did headgaskets over the weekend, and looked at the oil drain. The cometic gaskets line up with the drainage of the block, the hole in the head is in a different spot, and almost half of it is over the deck of the block, not an issue with the gasket. A car I just did a build on with cometics is slightly seeping out of the front of the passenger head. The gaskets were copper sprayed like always, which usually works. I am doing a set of cometics this week on another build, i am going to try no copper, but using right stuff around the coolant holes and oil drains.
I have only blown 1 set of cometics, 1 and 3 cylinders. My fouble pumper didnt come on on a high 9 sec pass, afr was 12.7, i lifted at the 1/8th. They were fine after that, but started making noise under boost a month later. The firing ring bead was cracked off the gasket at the lower portion of the cylinder. I never retorqued these gasket either. Now I retorque after a few minutes, then overnight. I mark the studs and nuts, and you will see movememt. I havent had a problem since.

Back