those donuts for crossover pipe?

bpman1234

hey are most of us still using those gasket donuts on the cross over pipe I have atr headers right now with stock crossover leaking a little.

Stock crossover does not use gaskets, metal to metal joint. I'm unaware of any type of gasket that could be used.

I was having problems with mine leaking too. I chased the threads and used new bolts to make sure I was maximizing torque to clamping load ratio, and I made my own gaskets out of .080 thick annealed copper VCR gaskets for I believe a 2" gland. they start out flat and conform to a cone shape when you torque the bolts down. I hold them in place with a couple small dabs of copper RTV, which does eventually burn off. No more leaks.

do you have a part number for those gaskets or can I get them at any part store? thanks

I don't have a part number. We stock them for pressure testing at work, and once they're used, they're garbage, so I grabbed a couple out of the scrap bin. I think you can get them at Kurt Lesker online.

You may have to actually call them because I think they only have a partial list online. Most companies will only list up to 1 inch, since systems running bigger than that are pretty rare. Just ask for a 2" VCR copper gasket. Should be less than 10 bucks a piece.