You can type here any text you want

Thoughts on line lock install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

just plain john

El Camino a Go-Go!
If one wanted to install a line lock AFTER the combination valve, one port from the valve that used to go to a brake is plugged. The remaining port is then routed through the line lock. After the line lock, it is supposed to T with each end of the T now going to each front brake. My question is this: Will the diameter of one front brake line (the one coming into the T) flow sufficient volume to operate what formally used two lines before? Would pedal effort change? Longer/shorter pedal stroke? Seems like there's a trade off somewhere.

If one wanted to install a line lock AFTER the combination valve, one port from the valve that used to go to a brake is plugged. The remaining port is then routed through the line lock. After the line lock, it is supposed to T with each end of the T now going to each front brake. My question is this: Will the diameter of one front brake line (the one coming into the T) flow sufficient volume to operate what formally used two lines before? Would pedal effort change? Longer/shorter pedal stroke? Seems like there's a trade off somewhere.

I didn't notice a difference, and I have 12" brakes on my car.

Back