You can type here any text you want

Thoughts on Nittos

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I need some input on 275 60 15 Nittos . Does anyone have them on their car? Whats your opinion on them. They will just for cruising, no track runs.

I'd look for a different tire for cruising. You would be lucky to get 3000 miles out of them. You don't want to get caught in the rain with them on either.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have these on my car and have well easliy 4k on them and there are still meat left......not down to tabs. I have never had them hydroplane like the MT's now I do be careful but not like 45 ion the interstate when its raining. The don't hook as good as mickeys but do decent if you heat em. They are superior in the rain hands down. Way I looked at it was ...my cars power is overwhelming to street tires so much that I cant kick it so I need DR's. And wanted a tire that could handle rain, etc. nittos were it. I drove them to BG and back from MN and drive my car everywhere all the time its nothing for me to put a few hundred miles on my car in a day. I may try the M&H racemasters DR's next to see how they do, the tread pattern looks like it ma do ok in the rain.

Fine for street driving rain or shine. Been on the highway hours at a time on those Size nittos in the rain. not ideal but never felt dangerous like a mt.

I have 3k on mine with still decent tread left.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I put them on my GN about a month ago and haven't even driven it yet! Plan on driving the crap out of them if spring / summer ever decides to come to CT.

I have M&H 275 x 50 x 16 on car now and I hear it rub when I turn left. You guys roll your lip to run 275 x 50's? Or is it the 16" rim that makes this happen? The M&H were on the wheels when I bought them, so I figured I'd see if I like the stance, and I do. But will probably go with 255's.
Did haze em nice to burn off old rubber & hit a straight away near house. Seemed to hook pretty good.

I"m assuming you're asking about Nitto Drag Radials? They have two types: They have the NT555R and the NT05R. I"ve ran the NT555Rs for some time. They aren't rain tires, but I've completed powertour in some heavy downpours with them and as long as you aren't stupid you'll be fine. I had some hydroplaning issues coming down the Interstate from Nashville to Chattanooga, TN in a very heavy downpour that I dont' think I would have had with normal tires. I'd rate them 'okay' as Drag Radials as long as you really heat them up at the track. The nice thing too is you can run a standard Nitto 555 on the front and your tires and thread pattern will match. The NT05Rs are better and closer to the old BFG drag radials but I wouldn't want them on a car driven often.

Back