Thrasher, anti no start

tangofox

My car won't start with my Thrasher anti theft chip. Could someone PM me with some advise on how to fix it. I don't want to discuss it on line. Thanks in advance.

Try a new battery or charging you existing battery. Your voltage may go to low on cranking.

That was the problem I had with the same chip. After putting in a new battery it was okay. I am getting rid of the anti-theft feature cause it caused me all kinds of problems when racing with all the starts going on.

paul

Makes perfect sense. My battery died after only a few tries. It's been sitting since fall, and only started for a few minutes every week or three.

How do you delete the anti-theft..I have it on mine at it is a real PITA ...at the dragstrip

Can't. Just buy a second one for the strip. Get alky and make it a T100. :D

I put the Thrasher on my thumbwheel, now I have anti-theft at the push of a button, and switch to the race chip at another push of a button, best of both worlds.

I have thrasher also, the anti theft is good, but gets annoying after a few 100 times of doing it.

Esp when batt gets low and you have to retry it like 5 times...

Scottyb, are you using a thrasher 100 with alcohol? How does it perform? I am thinking of getting another thrasher (without anti-theft) for my new alchy setup.

paul

Originally posted by PaulRV6
Scottyb, are you using a thrasher 100 with alcohol? How does it perform? I am thinking of getting another thrasher (without anti-theft) for my new alchy setup.

paul

I don't have numbers to back it up, but it sure feels good. Honestly tho, I'd suggest getting an alcohol chip because the T100 has advanced timing across the entire range, not just WOT. I did not realize this until I left it in the car a few weeks ago and noted low-boost knock. Prior to that, I was under the impression that the T100 was identical to the T92, except for WOT timing. I was wrong.

My last attempt using the T100 at the track included an ailing alcohol pump, so the results were not favorable. I plan to go within the next 3 weeks to see how she runs with the new pump.

Originally posted by scottyb
I don't have numbers to back it up, but it sure feels good. Honestly tho, I'd suggest getting an alcohol chip because the T100 has advanced timing across the entire range, not just WOT. I did not realize this until I left it in the car a few weeks ago and noted low-boost knock. Prior to that, I was under the impression that the T100 was identical to the T92, except for WOT timing. I was wrong.
The T100 is for 100 octane fuel, not 92 octane and alcohol. But with the relatively resounding success of using the T100 with 92 and alcohol, you're not going to find something better for under $40...

....hmmm didn't know about the bad battery thing. Thats why my car wouldn't start with my T92.

Oh well I have my T108 and alky seem to work great, even on the street :eek: