You can type here any text you want

Throttle body, what size?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

scpls19398

Hot Air Fan
what size throttle bodies are you all running. How do you determine what size to run. Who makes the best?

if your running a hotair then the 62mm upgrade from Steve Monroe is a hugh improvement..find him on here...stevemon

A stock throttle body will go 9's. I have a Steve Monroe 62mm because I got a smoking deal, and my stocker needed shaft seals. Around town spool up has improved, which is a curse and a blessing. Now I am getting 26lbs of boost at 1/4 throttle. You just need less throttle angle to go, the added power is all in your head.

I have an Hot Air but it is and will remain a survivor. (5,300 miles), But I have an 87 109 I have been putting together, forged internals, balanced/blueprinted, mild port and gasket match on intake and heads, larger valves, 212/212 cam, Billet caps, TA Performance headers and 3.5" downpipe with internal wastegate, will be calling Mr. Cotton today for advice on TB & injectors, & New dbl BB Turbo:biggrin: Will be putting motor in a 1971 Camaro Z28 Body, Should be about 3000lbs when complete, and would like to go low 11's. If you need any additional info., let me know.
George

The main reason to send it to Stevemon is the seals start to leak with age. What he sends back is good enuf for your goals easily I would think. 70's look cool but arent needed unless you just like buying cool parts like many of us do including me. Altho, Stevemon & his TB are all I ever plan to use. Put the $$$ into something else unless you have a $$$ tree & then please send me some from it! :)

Yep, Just got off the phone with Jack, God I hope someday to have the knowledge that he has, I called to talk to him about my goals and where I am with the mods I already have, mainly to get an idea as to which fuel injectors to use and throttle body, oops, I hope my wife don't see the order I just placed, got my injectors, throttle body, turbo saver, and a new T70bb Turbo:biggrin: I'm sure she will forgive me, as she loves me alot.

Back