You can type here any text you want

throttle surge i think

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87 national

:confused:Well i bought my car in March, had the motor rebuilt to stock. Well now i have a problem when trying to enter boost. When you go lower the 8,7 hg in vacuum the car flutters a decent amount. Also spits raw fuel out of the pipes. Well when you enter this spot the only way to get out of it is floor it. when you get like above 2 psi of boost gone but when you go to let off its there again, unless you let it build all the way back into the vacuum. just installed powerlogger hopefully i get a couple good readings tomorrow i will post up on here. Any ideas?

what turbo and intercooler?

How is the boost controlled? (wastegate, solenoid, boost controller)

B

Turbo
Boost control
engine bay
Front mount intercooler not exactly sure what brand

Attachments

• IMG00088-20101103-2105.jpg
    IMG00088-20101103-2105.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG00089-20101103-2105.jpg
    IMG00089-20101103-2105.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG00094-20101103-2107.jpg
    IMG00094-20101103-2107.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 243
Yup....post ups some data.

I would be concerned about the age of those plug wires though.

yea they look like crap but work! lol But i ordered a set of the msd literally like 10 minutes ago

its probably part throttle surge. Post up some logs and we can start to try to tune it out.

What are the boost control settings in the Pro,

What are the response settings in the Pro?

Bob

its probably part throttle surge. Post up some logs and we can start to try to tune it out.

What are the boost control settings in the Pro,

What are the response settings in the Pro?

Bob

i will try to get it all tomorrow but i got to work to 5. So i will post everything up tomorrow, i am also thinking to just bypass the boost control and see if there is a difference

As Bob asked earlier, what are your boost control settings in the Pro?

What are the responsed settins in the Pro?

i took a quick look, and there does not appear to be anything 'surging' in the pro. so I think its just part throttle surge with that turbo and intercooler.

There are ways to reduce it, the first is with the boost controller.

So, in those logs, had you changed the wastegate plumbing any? What are the boost control settings in the Pro.

Bob

tpro boost control

tps spool-2.4
rpm spool-2400
tps start-3.7
psi start-4.6
dc% start-10
psi set-8
psi aux-9
gain-1.6
dc% start aux-10
nothing was changed with the wastegatel plumbing
anything i should change?

with those settings the boost control is not activated until 2.4v TPS.

Your surge is happening at throttle angles less than 2.4v, right?

how is the solenoid wired?

try running a hose from the turbo to the wastegate with no solenoid.
then, see if the surge is any different, and also see what the boost is with no solenoid.

Bob

with those settings the boost control is not activated until 2.4v TPS.

Your surge is happening at throttle angles less than 2.4v, right?

how is the solenoid wired?

try running a hose from the turbo to the wastegate with no solenoid.
then, see if the surge is any different, and also see what the boost is with no solenoid.

Bob
i will look later how it is wired but will i hurt anything to run the car without a wastegate solenoid or boost control because i dont have wastegate solenoid and now i wont have boost control all i will have is my waste gate

looking at stuff more.

in the 004 file, at time 679, you step into the TPS some, but the pulsewitdh goes up quite a bit. it may be misfiring there.

need to see what the Pro is doing under those circumstances.

The wastegate is what controls boost. the solenoid lets us change the boost that the wastegate holds. running just the wastegate is fine.

can you drive in the 'surge' spot and look at the pro for a few things?

VE
UT
RS
CF

Bob

I bypass boost control by running hose from the turbo to the wastegate right do I unplug it to ?

Back