Throttlebodies

bbac

Sorry if this has been discussed alot, but if I don't ask I won't learn.

I've done some reading concering throttlebodies and plenums on the web pages and books and wanted some of your input.

How fast has everyone gone with a stock T.B and plenum with a rjc plate?

For what I want out of my car (high to mid 11's) I'm 99% I'm going to go with Steve Monroe set up. Could I get some feedback and comments about his products

Thank You

I have been 11.20 on stockers so I would not worry about it. It will help but much better things to spend you cash on just bell mouth your stockers with porting abrasive.

heck all you need is a fuel pump, hotwire kit, testpipe, alky kit ,good tune, basic gauges, sticky tires. Done.

For high to mid 11's I'd stick with the stock setup and spend the money on something else. That's what I'm going to do.

I have been 10.76 in this car and 10.53 in a different car both with stock TB's and MAF's.

Thanks for the replys and advise. Any commets on Mr. Monroe's products? Just for my knowledge.

Thanks agin

board out stock TB and a stock plenum with a Power Plate 9.94 @ 138 :cool:

That's a very misleading statement to 'bbac' and what he's inquiring about. Grumpy, you know your stuff. However, most will tend to agree that a stock untouched throttle body and plenum are more than sufficient DEEP into the tens.

bbac,

Steve Monroe has gotten a lot of good feedback. I've never seen anything negative written about him. Personally, I would spend your money elsewhere.

11.22 on a stock TB/doghouse, a RJC PP / Te63, and injectors only... 110 octane.. 19* timing......

Hey grumpy, do you think, there is any advantage, to a hemco plenum, vs. a stocker with a power plate, when runnin faster than mid tens? Isnt a low ten or under combo being restricted by that plate at all? Just curious.

don't know much about aftermarket plenums .. :redface: we run the power plate with the pieces I replied about .. now is a board out TB goin to set your car to FLY ??? nope.. I don't see it on a high 11 or 12 sec car

TE44 , 50's , 3" D/P , 2800 stall , 21lbs Boost M/T DRAGS
Home made alky kit
stock unopened 80k motor weight 3100lbs with driver
went from 11.50 to 11.31

Thanks for the replys and advise. Any commets on Mr. Monroe's products? Just for my knowledge.

Thanks agin

That's a very misleading statement to 'bbac' and what he's inquiring about. Grumpy, you know your stuff. However, most will tend to agree that a stock untouched throttle body and plenum are more than sufficient DEEP into the tens.

ummm..maybe read the above post

I know, thats crazy light weight. Just putting a chip and some alcohol in a buick that light weight, would freakin net you a high 12 quarter mile lol.
I did some figuring, and figured out exactly what one would need to do, down to +/- 3 lbs, to make a car weight around 2915. (without driver) and that would include the 125 or so pounds, that you would shed, from using aluminum heads and block. But since yours is stock, what on earth did you do, to make up for that 125 lbs? That car is totally stripped lol.

in no way am i saying not to run an RJC plate
with the plate on my car had a great idle.
but the alky would puddle up on the plate inside the dog house
(and yes i run the same size people mister as in razors kit)
food for thought! (when something in under pressure its equal at all points)
the plate is just not for me thats all.
i deal with jason at RJC all the time and he has great products!