You can type here any text you want

timing chain cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

movinfast

hey guys im removing my timing cover cause i snapped a bolt in it taking my water pump off. Now when i got all my bolts out the cover( and the four facing up on the pan) is there anything i should worry bout with the cam senser and what should i replace while iam in there besides the timing chain.the engine is all stock. thanks for the help

Replace the front seal and dont break the crank sensor ;). Remember if the new timing chain is a double roller DONT put the tensioner back on ;). Take a look at the oil pump while your in there. Also prime the engine when you get it all back together.

ok so the timing cover should come straight off? no worrys lol. and which is best on the timing chain for a stock block

Comp Cams, Rollmaster, Cloyes..... Just make sure you set the crank sensor up correctly when you put it back together. I had a crank sensor fail then when I got the new one I thought "That looks good":rolleyes:, turned the key and :mad: the reluctor ring whacked the new sensor. BTW your going to have to reset the cam sensor. The cover should come off fairly easy.

Clean it up good. I'd go ahead and replace the oil pump and inspect all that stuff while you've got it off.

Also, be ready for some antifreeze to run down into your oil pan. If that happens you really have to drop the pan to get it all out.

Clean it up good. I'd go ahead and replace the oil pump and inspect all that stuff while you've got it off.

Also, be ready for some antifreeze to run down into your oil pan. If that happens you really have to drop the pan to get it all out.

And what do you know about front covers :rolleyes::p.

OP, you might want to do Earls mods too while its out :wink:

Back