Timing chain gear

jdpolzin

Ran into an odd situation. I have a couple double roller sets sitting in a box that I plan to use. Well, I don't remember which gears match up with which chain. I'm pretty sure these are two different brands from what I remember. Any of you know if these manufacturers use the same chain O-ring sizes and gear size?

I dont know what they use but if you have a good quality set of 6" dial calipers I think you could figure it out by measuring across each cam gear down in the root of the half round pockets 180 degrees apart and recording the minimum dimensions for each gear...... then I would measure the diameter of the round roller bushings in the chains to see if they are the same or different.......also check the inside width dimension of chains and as a last check I would slowly roll/lay each chain into the teeth of each cam gear and see if it rolls in silky smooth or if it feels a bit notchy....The gears are made slightly over size pitch for align-bore chain sets to take up the slack.....hth

I think there are only a few chain manufacturers out there. I've swapped a rolon chain for an iwis chain on my progear set. Interchangeable.....