You can type here any text you want

Timing Chain questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
I finally purchased a Dorman timing gear cover for my regal that is still puking coolant and water all over the parking lot and is starting to piss of the neighbors. it looks like an oe fit and should work. paid $200.01 exactly for it at Baxters auto parts but now i need a good timing chain as well and a gaskek. I can find a gasket at vatozone for about 7 bucks but i still need a timing chain. I was thinking about buying a cloyes brand true roller timing chain i found here at jegs Cloyes 9-3134 Cloyes True Roller Timing Chains (if it doesnt work just copy the address and past it in the address bar). It states that it is guaranteed and extra 10hp, but i have a stock engine with no mods and might be a little tired. i wasnt sure but all of the other chains looked cheap and autozone's chains looked kinda cheap... what do you suggest:confused:

You need to start doing some searching on evilbay. You could've gotten the same cover for $50 or more less. As far as the chain and gears, Cloyes makes them for the zone and several other companies so it shouldn"t be a problem. Are you wanting a stock replacement or a double roller? Give some direction to the project and it will be a little easier to help you with it.

trust me, im no good at buying things online, plus it comes with a warranty however i'm not sure if it is good quality. it looks good but is it reliable... i will hopefully have pics soon. As for the chain what is the diffrence? I'm probably looking towards the stock replacement but still whats the diffrence? I probably wont be doing any major upgrades until I get a rebuild (found a good mild perfomance rebuild for 2000!)

Check out Northern auto parts as well. Do a search for "Cloyes 9-3134" and see if you can find a better price on it as well. You should be able to get some more knocked off of it to save some extra cash for latter.

I would have got a used one off the board. You could have done a lot with the extra money you save. Hell, 90% of the parts I've bought for my car have been used.

Milidon makes some decent parts so you should be ok with it. Go to the engine section and ask which one is the best. You'll get more attention for your question this way. Do a search while you're looking and see what you find.

Milidon makes some decent parts so you should be ok with it. Go to the engine section and ask which one is the best. You'll get more attention for your question this way. Do a search while you're looking and see what you find.
thanks;)

Back