You can type here any text you want

timing chain to lose? pictures

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SIXBANGR

mean old man
Just got this together a few minutes ago. Full throttle roller, correct push rods, etc. The chain is stock size, seems lose to me, one side only. It was line board. OK, or need .004 under or?

Attachments

• cam 007.jpg
    cam 007.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 239
  • cam 008.jpg
    cam 008.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 229
Just got this together a few minutes ago. Full throttle roller, correct push rods, etc. The chain is stock size, seems lose to me, one side only. It was line board. OK, or need .004 under or?

i would consider that too loose-------after a little use its gonna get even looser.............RC

+1 What brand chain are you using? I have noticed differences in tension depending on who's chain your using.

i have also some are tighter than others-------i also keep several undersized sets ( usually .002-.004-.006 and .009) around all the time so i can "fit" them till i get one that suits me...........RC

The 004 will be tight to get on but will strech over time. My line bore was fine with 002 which Mike sold me so maybe call him? With the 002 I get maybe 1/4-3/16 movement on the 1 side & it was fine after a season.

Back