You can type here any text you want

Timing cover seal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNeric

I have looked on the vendors on this site trying to find a neoprene seal for the timing cover. All the ones pictured press in from the outside (thumbs up) but the garter spring is on the outside of the seal and I think that is why mine leaks. Pressure pushes past it since the lip is facing outward and not inside like it normally would be. Can't find one with the garter spring inside and still presses in from the outside. Any part numbers would be helpfull. :D

The one that comes in the Fel-Pro front cover gasket kit has the spring on the inside, but it presses in from the inside of the cover. Why not just pop the front cover off and put a new seal in? Do it once and do it right. It really isn't too difficult, hell I've gotten mine down to an art, you'll have it off in less than 2 hours.

Because my Vega is on my lift and I am too lazy to do it on the floor. :eek:;) I guess I need to break down and just do it. :)

Back