You can type here any text you want

Timing Gear cover... and Water sending unit...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
does anyone have a schematic on how to reove a tiing gear cover? for an 85regal and what are some good water sending units? im getting ready to wire my electric fan.

thank you:)

how you pull the front cover off, is you pull the front belts off, the alt and ac compressor off. then there is 4 or so bolts that go through the water pump and a few bolts along the edge and 2 bolts from the oil pan. hope the picture helps some. this is the picture when i was having issues with my edeljunk cam.

Attachments

• SDC10025.jpg
    SDC10025.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 110
how you pull the front cover off, is you pull the front belts off, the alt and ac compressor off. then there is 4 or so bolts that go through the water pump and a few bolts along the edge and 2 bolts from the oil pan. hope the picture helps some. this is the picture when i was having issues with my edeljunk cam.

well im trying to pull one from a regal at pick n pull. I believe i got all the bolts out, but the damn thing still wont budge.. i took the water pump, smog, and all that other stuff of. I havent been able to get the balancer wheel of yet tho..

but again what about the water sending unit, you got a picture?

well im trying to pull one from a regal at pick n pull. I believe i got all the bolts out, but the damn thing still wont budge.. i took the water pump, smog, and all that other stuff of. I havent been able to get the balancer wheel of yet tho..

but again what about the water sending unit, you got a picture?

here

Attachments

• SDC10025.jpg
    SDC10025.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 101
now do you have a stock 83 intake, or is that an aftermarket?

i think thats a 79 or 80 intake. i do have a 83 intake, but i am using it for my 301 turbo (currently using it). i had to modify it to make the 301 work.
my question is why do you need a timing cover?

Did you forget the bolts on the bottom where the pan bolts up?

Son Of a B***h.... :mad: theres about half a foot of water under the car... now on the oil filter mount, are there bolts holding in the gears I need to take out?

i think thats a 79 or 80 intake. i do have a 83 intake, but i am using it for my 301 turbo (currently using it). i had to modify it to make the 301 work.
my question is why do you need a timing cover?

gimme a pic of the water sending unit on the 83 intake..

Son Of a B***h.... :mad: theres about half a foot of water under the car... now on the oil filter mount, are there bolts holding in the gears I need to take out?

First take the distributor out and then reach under the bottom and you should find 2 or 3 bolts that hold the pan to the cover. Remove them and you should be fine.:biggrin:

First take the distributor out and then reach under the bottom and you should find 2 or 3 bolts that hold the pan to the cover. Remove them and you should be fine.:biggrin:

lets see, i took the distributor out, removed the smog pump, and the water pump out. I still need to find a way to get the balancer wheel off. Those bolts are on there good...:redface:

OK! ..... No one said anything about removing the fuel pump yet and that most definitely needs to be taken out too to get the Timing cover off. But wait, As for the Timing cover It's not coming off until the whole balancer in removed, That means the BIG crank bolt in the middle of the balancer. Don't mess with any other bolts on the balancer. There is a semi hidden bolt on the inbound left side of the Timing cover, you can see it better when the balancer is removed, Don't forget.

Back