You can type here any text you want

Timing map

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Anyone have a timing map for a Champion headed motor? I'd like to start with something matching the heads and work my way up from there (no turbo yet) to try to get some power out of my low compression motor. Excel or a text file is fine as I don't have any of the aftermarket computers, just an OBDII flash tunable one.

Thanks,

I'd like to see one as well. Right I basically have 30 degrees everywhere under vacuum and 18 degrees everywhere under boost. Cant be the most optimum lol

To give you an idea of the cells hit during a run here is my XFI FAST spark map from the normally aspirated GS 455

GS_spark_map_from_quarter_mile_run.jpg

The white lines represent the cells referenced in the course of a quarter mile run. So basically when you mat the go petal the vacuum drops (white line goes straight up) to the minimum vacuum level (100 KPa = atmospheric pressure) and you run across the cells representing RPMs at that vacuum level. The white line overlaps itself in RPM range where it shifted gears. MAP pressure goes down at the higher RPM when you let off the accelerator at the end of the run.

So you can tell there are not that many cells used in a WOT blast. The 39 degree of timing was selected in the course of a number of dyno runs, for my set up. For 12lbChevelle the spark advance at boost (above 100 KPa would be less. I would say 18 is a bit conservative.

Thanks for the table, I'm looking to set up my street car so part throttle and off idle timing it a bit more important. I just hate the idea of going in blind and solely trusting the knock sensor for trying to start raising the timing.

Back