You can type here any text you want

timing question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tacordes

ive had my buick for a few years now....well the car came with several chips ..... i really dont know what chips i have... some are marked and some are not.... is there a way to identify what timing a chip has with a o t c 2000 scan tool... im new to all this electronic stuff, ive pretty much drove the ol buick and its never missed a beat.... but im wanting to start playing around with it and i figure i better know what kind of chips i have..... i finally turned up the boost a bit and wow what a difference...... i ran it at the track about 2 years ago and it ran 13.6 with about 15 lbs of boost... "the way it was set up when i bought it" now i have it at 20 and no knock wow ... day night difference... cant wait to go back to the track..:D :D ;)

You cant read timing with an OTC 2000. About the only scantool that will accurately report timing is Direct Scan.

I think I probably shouldnt have used the word "accurate" in there. I probably should have said "reasonably close"

Back