TIP...How to restore interior trim and word "Buick"

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Over the years the painted trim around the a/c vents and the word Buick above the glove box gets faded and detracts from the looks of the interior
Here is a tip and that really makes a big difference on the interior.
A steady hand is needed for this.
1. Go to the model section of a dept store or a hobby shop.
2. Purchase a Testors silver paint pen, follow instructions on pen for prime and use.
3. With a steady hand (I prefer to rest my hand against the dash while doing this as it stabilizes it) and being careful and easy apply the paint around the ac vents and go over the word Buick. Dont apply too much paint/pressure on the pen.
Mine has held up in a DD driver for 8 years and still looks great.

most hoby shops also cary "bare metal foil" witch is very thin metal foil with a adheasive back. it comes in a bunch of diffrent colors, like brushed alumn. black chrome, copper, silver chrome etc... just clean the leters, cut a piece of foil larger than the letters, aply, and trim with a xacto blade.. i was too scared to take a paint pen to my dash..

I've done that before with a brush. Looks good and lasts,no regrets at all.

most hoby shops also cary "bare metal foil" witch is very thin metal foil with a adheasive back. it comes in a bunch of diffrent colors, like brushed alumn. black chrome, copper, silver chrome etc... just clean the leters, cut a piece of foil larger than the letters, aply, and trim with a xacto blade.. i was too scared to take a paint pen to my dash..

Around the AC vents and "Buick" wasnt chrome from the factory so that would not be correct. But if someone wants to do that then its a good tip/alternative

Not that would be good canditate for the above mentioned chrome/foil. Ta least to repair the surrounding border as that was chrome

To do this much easier the AC vents easily pull out of the dash you can wash them in your sink using warm soapy water; and use the paint pen alot easier. I did mine about 2 years ago with a Sharpie metallic silver.

Here are some before and after pictures...

The chrome is suppose to be around the outer edge of this plaque. I just used silver touch up paint from Advance Auto. You might need to apply two coats to cover the black.

DSCF8141.jpg

DSCF8234.jpg

Hey 79Ghost, I know this is totally unrelated but it was interesting to see that your background and the background that is used on the imagedeposit website is the same. After reading you were in SF, I realized that bridge looks like the GGB.