You can type here any text you want

tire pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; I always run 35 lbs. and that's what's called for but has anyone experimented with pressure? I want comfort and performance. I want it all.
IBBY

What size tires Ibby? If it's stock then you need to drop to 32 on all 4 corners. If you're running bigger than stock then you need lower pressure to make sure that the tire has full contact with the road.

hello people; Charlie, I've got Kirbans wheels 16 x 8's and new general 245-45 tire. I've always run 35 lbs and hav'nt messed with pressure. But maybe that's part of my ride comfort is to much air. Just curious if any one has played around with it.
thanks
IBBY

Make a wet spot on the pavement first, then drive through it. This will give you an idea of your contact patch. Drop the pressure in 2 lb increments until you get a full width patch and it should ride better as well as give you more traction. I'm gonna guess between 26 and 28 lbs should be about right but make sure to test it.

hello prople; My last tires I ran 35lbs. (same size) all the time and the wear was even in the rear. The fronts not as much. But do you think contact the patch is more important than wear.
IBBY

Contact patch has to do with wear. If you have "even" wear across the tread you should be good but the factory pressure is lower than 35 PSI. Try to figure out what the contact patch looks like first and do some measuring with a tread depth guage. This will thell you where you need to go.

Back