tire question

wyk3d

Car wiring sucks!
Its that time of year and i need some tires for the ride. I have 255/60/15 on there right now and they are pretty worn. Weld draglites on the back with what i believe is a 3.5bs, have to measure to be sure and the alum brake drums also. What tire should i go with for the rear? 275/60 50???? Nitto, BFG,etc...???Ive went back into the posts and there seems to be no real answer to the question. Its a daily driver so i want a tire that isnt gonna crap out after 1000miles or have my rear all over the road with rain. Any suggestions??

Dan

I recently ditched my 235/60's and went to BFG radial T/A 275/50/15's on the rear. I am very happy with them. I can now launch on 6# of boost without spinning too much, whereas, the 235's would light up when leaving on 3# and the car would get wild on the 1-2 shift. I am sure they can't compare with drag radials, but drag radials only last 10k miles or so from what I have heard. My BFG 235's made it to 30k miles with alot of abuse.

BFG Radial T/A's will provide far better traction in the rain than a drag radial. You might also check out the 275's made by Yokohama or Dunlop they seem to have better handling characteristics.

Also, check how close your current tires are to the frame, if they are very close already, you might have to run spacers to be able to fit a larger tire. If you have alot of room, think about 295/50's. :eek:

For the track, there is no substitute for all out slicks or some Mickey Thompson ET streets.

Happy shopping :)