You can type here any text you want

Tire shelf life/option ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocamino1

turboholic
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Hello, i have come across 2 options...a set of M/T Drag Radials,5 years old, been sitting on a car in a steel container,plywood floor...on car,new when parked there,...not climate controlled(northeast temps)look just fine. Or a set of 1 year old Goodyear SSDrag Radial,(before discontinued) 3/4 tread,stored climate control, Both free. Just cant decide. I know i could try both...more curious about shelf life. thanks.

hello; IMO I'd go with the newer tire. Rubber and age makes them harder so it does change. I know that from my karting days. If it was me I'd take both sets and go racing. You might have flat spots on the older if the car is on the ground and that's not a good thing. Again if it was me I'd get them mounted and head for the water box.
have fun
IBBY

Manufacturer suggested replacement is. 4 years.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

thanks guys..4 years,hmm....glad i asked...was gonna go with the mickeys:eek:

If the tires look glossy, the tires lost a lot of the pliability of the rubber and the bead maybe brittle. If they also show some cracking then it is definitely brittle.

Back