You can type here any text you want

tires and wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello boys and girls: I'am new here. I have on my car now those 15x8 kirban wheels with dunlop D40-M2's on them. The tire is as wide as they could go with the wheels (I think 245-?) They might be too wide? I'am thinking about going back to stock rims. The T-type ones that are a pain too clean (you know the ones). Any way the question is more of a opinion poll. What tire rim combo do you like for aggresive street.
thanks

hello; speaking of tires and wheels WTF is up with these large suv's with 22" rims and tires with about 1" of sidewall??

for some of the trucks the diameter of the tire has to be the same as the factory tire so the bigger the rim the smaller the sidewall of the tire.

for every inch of rim yo will have to take off .05 of a side wall size ie"

2156515 = 2256016 these tires are a little wider but the same overall diameter so the spedometer will not be off.

the kids with the huge wheels dont care so the traction light will be on and then they still have small brakes that the hub of the rim is covering....:confused:

There are a 1000 threads with all sorta pics of different wheel and tire combos. Search them out and judge for yourself. As for size 15x8 rears with, 255-60-15 works without airbags very well, where 275-60-15 require airbags in most apps. Front tires are your choosen. 15x5 or 6 works great. For a nice rack, 205 or 215-60's for closer to stock, 225 or 235-60's. Its all in what you want.

Enjoy,
Coach

hello; I know I have not messed with my car in a while but the rim size I have is 16x8 not 15x8 as I wrote just to be clear.
thanks
IBBY

hello boys and girls: I'am new here. I have on my car now those 15x8 kirban wheels with dunlop D40-M2's on them. The tire is as wide as they could go with the wheels (I think 245-?) They might be too wide? I'am thinking about going back to stock rims. The T-type ones that are a pain too clean (you know the ones). Any way the question is more of a opinion poll. What tire rim combo do you like for aggresive street.
thanks

I missed your typo, Kirban wheels(GNX) are 16's, I know that. You asked for tire and rim combos for an aggressive street, look or proformance. I told you what you asked for. If you want aggressive use your $$$ and get some DR's and give it a mean stance.

Heres mine as driven on the street,daily.

Thanks
Coach

Attachments

• MY GN 1.jpg
    MY GN 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 144
hello coach do you mean drag radials?
nice car you got there

Back