You can type here any text you want

To Buy or not to buy

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fastblackcar

Never Finished!!
I have found 1 1987 t type 73k, rust free , clear is peeling, auto with bench, no t tops,unmolested car,car has correct wheels and caps, with 4 new in the gm box centers and all new emblems, inside is excellent with small seam pulling apart on driver side, blue needs headliner, im only interested in this car to re sell, runs 100%, I can buy it for $4200 is there any room to make money on this car?, could this car do $5k on ebay or post here

fastblackcar said:
I have found 1 1987 t type 73k, rust free , clear is peeling, auto with bench, no t tops,unmolested car,car has correct wheels and caps, with 4 new in the gm box centers and all new emblems, inside is excellent with small seam pulling apart on driver side, blue needs headliner, im only interested in this car to re sell, runs 100%, I can buy it for $4200 is there any room to make money on this car?, could this car do $5k on ebay or post here

$4200 for a good-running, rust-free car is an excellent deal, if it is indeed an original LC2 car. If the clear is peeling, then it has been re-painted as they were not clear-coated from the factory.

Pete

my opinion? at $4200 the car is a good deal for what it needs done, after the stripping of the clear and repaint plus the light interior work the person who gets it for $4200 will have an easy 8-9k total into it, basically a fair market price. As far as reselling it for a profit, I think you could probably do it as-it-sits but will need to sit on the car for a while to make it happen, and you never know what a potential buyer may see as wrong with the car that might come up which could hurt the resale value. might be better off buying it, fixing everything, then selling it if you want to make sure there's a profit

Back