You can type here any text you want

To girdle or not to girdle ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scott89TTA

To girdle or not to girdle ?

I'm getting ready to start the mods listed in the bottom of my sig along with replacing a bad rear main seal. Also replacing the motormounts with HRParts-N-Stuff poly mounts. So while the oil pan is off would it be worth while to install an engine girdle? Looking at this one RJC Engine Girdle and will it work on the TTA, will there be enough clearance between the frame and the oil pan, more importantly will I be able to install it without pulling the motor? Will it be a worth while addition to a stock bottom end and add some additional security on a 47K motor getting a GT6776e turbo and the 25+ lbs of boost that goes with it? What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Scott

girdle

not 100% sure,but i think theirs more involved than just installing1.i had mine done at machine shop when motor was being built.i know that one of the caps has to be cut down and welded on every thing shimmed and measured to specs.

Scott give me a call , I run a gridle on my new motor with only 2 mods needed

1 front part of oil pan has to be notched

2 the TTA stock crossover needs to be strecthed

both of these parts where modded by Julio, before he put his car back to stock

941 416 7509 I'll fill in any other questions

thanks JD

not 100% sure,but i think theirs more involved than just installing1.i had mine done at machine shop when motor was being built.i know that one of the caps has to be cut down and welded on every thing shimmed and measured to specs.

Yup!

Some say U need it if Ur going over 500 HP, and a few blocks have been cracked above that, some with even the steel main caps. If Ur just stock, forget it.

You need to line hone the mains as well as cutting the caps, welding the spacers, setting up the rail clearance, etc etc etc.. cannot be done in car.

Better said, cannot be done properly "in car" :D

Scott give me a call , I run a gridle on my new motor with only 2 mods needed

1 front part of oil pan has to be notched

2 the TTA stock crossover needs to be strecthed

both of these parts where modded by Julio, before he put his car back to stock

941 416 7509 I'll fill in any other questions

thanks JD

these things are above want has to be done to the motor to install the girdle

as Julio said cut caps ,line hone ,shimmiing and welding etc etc etc!!!!

these things are above want has to be done to the motor to install the girdle

as Julio said cut caps ,line hone ,shimmiing and welding etc etc etc!!!!

I was wondering about all that stuff...RJC removed the instructions from their web site do to copy-cat company's trying to use their info. I suppose I'll let it go and wait till the motor comes out down the road. Eventually it will need to come out to do the heads, cam, timing chain, etc, I'll look into it then. I figured it wasn't a simple bolt-in but was certainly worth asking.

Thanks for the info.

Scott

Scott, I have a short block that came out of my car 109 block. It has turbo-trans crank, shot peened rods, JE pistons (compression will be what you want with TTA heads) 212-212 comp cam, oiling modifications double roller chain, three front steel caps. $2500.00 call me if your interested.

Thanks Michael

Back