You can type here any text you want

To members from out side the Rust Belt I Tell you this....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yikes, pretty rough, but fixable!! What's the plan to get the rust out?

Anything and everything...lol! I'll prolly back half it, it'll get rid of all the trunk/rear seat rot. (27 and ALWAYS wanted to build a pro street car) Though, it's my fault that it's this bad. It was the classic "Father/Son" build. '83 Regal/high 12 sec n/a 3.8 build/ etc. But, college, lack of disposable income, and life got in the way. Just pulled it out from behind my 'rents garage on sunday where it has sat in peace for at least 6 years. Made my mom happy...lol!:D Oh well, here we go....:redface:

Yikes dude, I'm from 90% of the time raining Seattle, and my '68 has ONE small 2in patch to do behind a rear wheel. SOLID floorboards... Its 100% the salt you guys use.

Mine is the same way.
I echo that "sigh".
Needs new passengers door, rear quarters, trunk pan, trunk lid... heck, the fuel tank mounts on one side rusted through bad enough that I can't put the tank back in yet.
The frame is even cracked apart in a few spots where the hooker duals hang from.
If it weren't my grandpas car handed down to me, I'd swap the drivetrain into a clean roller. But, it wouldn't be the same. This year I'm putting my effort into getting a decent garage up, so I have room to work. Right now all I have is a single 20X8X12 portable shelter. Plus I am going to get a mig and learn to weld.

I hear ya on the rust. Even my 01 Cruiser's door sills are rotted through!
If I didn't have my dad that I need to keep an eye on, not to mention the rest of my family plus a stable job, I'd get the heck outta here!!

Mine is the same way.
I echo that "sigh".
Needs new passengers door, rear quarters, trunk pan, trunk lid... heck, the fuel tank mounts on one side rusted through bad enough that I can't put the tank back in yet.
The frame is even cracked apart in a few spots where the hooker duals hang from.

At least I'm not alone. I already have mint doors, trunk lid. The pass. side floor boards are great and the driver rear floor is an easy fix. My frame sucks too. I plan on replacing it regardless(to crusty and rotted in the rear).

If it weren't my grandpas car handed down to me, I'd swap the drivetrain into a clean roller.But, it wouldn't be the same.

Kinda in the same boat. It's my first car/project and there are alot of memories/feelings attached. So I don't mind the work/aggravation.:o

This year I'm putting my effort into getting a decent garage up, so I have room to work. Right now all I have is a single 20X8X12 portable shelter. Plus I am going to get a mig and learn to weld.

I got lucky when I bought my current house. My garage is only a one car, but big enough for tear down and a HUGE 2nd story for lots of storage. Wish I had the $$ for a welder...lol! Though it does help that I have quite a few body shops at my disposal. Working in a BUSY Toyota dealership parts dept. helps a lot...lol!:D

Back