You can type here any text you want

Today's races....2 parts, kinda long

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Box

Out cruisin'.
Part 1: I'm enjoying my vacation this week, and my friend Jeff (who has an '01 Mustang GT) and I decide to go to Hooter's on the Pike this afternoon for lunch. I'm driving the GN, following Jeff in his GT.
We get on the connecting highway from 91S to the Berlin Turnpike and a grey last generation Nissan 240SX slowly creeps up behind us. I noticed a fairly large FM in the grill. He casually drives by me....nice looking car....17" rims, no gaudy bodywork....not even a wing on the trunk....looks pretty tastefully executed. He gets next to Jeff and floors it. They both take off, and I floor it but 5* of KR forces me to back down to 7/8 throttle. I kept up and didn't lose ground but wasn't gaining that's for sure. The 240 walked by Jeff at a fairly slow rate, but still drove by him (now he wants to sell the GT and buy a T or a Limited!). Traffic starts to bunch up so we all have to get off the throttle. Jeff drives by the 240 as a normal pace (no, no fly-by). I pull up next to the 240 and they give the thumbs up, so I returned the gesture. There were 2 kids in the car, about early 20-ish or so. That was pretty cool....I wouldn't call 'em ricers....the car wasn't overdone in typical ricer fashion and they had the right attitude towards racing (no weaving in-n-out of traffic, no middle fingers flying, etc).

Part 2: Going to drop the car off at the garage for the day, I get onto 291 West cruising along at about 70 mph in the fast lane. I pass the entrance for RT 5 in S.Windsor and a kid (maybe early 20's) in a blue Audi S4 gets on behind me. He starts coming up pretty fast and gets up right behind me (about 6' from my bumper). As soon as we pass a couple a cars in the slow lane, he darts to the right and nails it and goes by me. I floor it, keeping a watchful eye on the Scanmaster for KR....none showing so I kept in it and gained on him at a decent rate. Again, traffic bunches up and I let off....but a$$hole Audi boy stays in it.:mad: He swerves back into the fast lane, cutting off a woman in the process, and narrowly misses taking off the rear bumper of a Ford pickup in the slow lane.:eek: A split second later, he swerves back into the slow lane (cutting off the pickup) and charges onward....I stay off the gas and just go with the flow of traffic. I can see him about 300 ft ahead and he cuts off another car :rolleyes: :mad:. I bet he's on some Audi board right now bragging about how he "killed" a GN. :rolleyes: Riiiight.

The funny part of this all is, the kid we raced in the 240SX (what most people would consider a "rice" car) was decent and responsible (well....as responsible as we ALL could have been, considering we were racing on a public highway ;)), avoiding stupid and dangerous moves. But the f*cking stupid little sh!t in the Audi (which IMO is a fine German automobile) pulls just about every "ricer" move in the book.:mad: I guess it takes all kinds....I sure as hell hope I see this kid again....either to race him again or to beat the living crap out of him so bad that his car bleeds.:D

Oh yeah....lunch at Hooters was quite satisfying (isn't it always?)!! :D :D

Steve

The 240sx might have been owned by that guy who started the website called "the pike". Supposedly a 12 sec. car.

Whats the stang got done to it?

I've been to the Pike's website before....long time ago.

The Stang is pretty much dead stock except for a Steeda timing adjuster, underdrive pulleys and a Dynomax cat-back with Flowmasters. He ran a 13.99 @ 99mph last year (car only had 350miles on it). He's got the "Bullit" intake and all the parts to put it on the car, and was ready to buy headers and an X-pipe and a blower for it, but now he's seriously thinking about a TR.

Of course, I am doing my best to convert him to the DARK SIDE! :D

It is his destiny

Steve :D

As in the words of Vader himself 'You do not know the True Poooower of the Dark Side" :D Convert your friend, he'll be thankful.....I hope you catch the turd in the Audi and if you live in a small city or town your bound to bump heads again with him....Farts like him really aren't even worth the GN actually...

Peace,

Todd

LOL! :D
Some of our Hooter's girls aren't exactly what I consider Hooter's material. There's a few of them that I wanna look dead in the face and ask, "Damn, did that HURT?" :D But most of 'em decent, and there's a few that are downright HOT! The one we had on Friday was gorgeous....nice personality too. She waited on us the night of the Patriots -vs- Raiders AFC Playoff game too. We were drunk as hell (loudest people in the place) and she was cool the whole time.

In the winter we park our sleds in front of Hooters on the river (for the wings of course) and about eight of us will stay there for hours. Them girls put up with a lot, but they get great tipsand usually hook us up with stuff like shot glasses and signed calendars:cool:

We tip pretty well as long as the service is good....if it is, then we usually throw down 25-30% for the tip. But there were a few times when the service was so crappy :mad: that we didn't leave a dime. I think some of the girls in there think their sh!t don't stink, and that they'll get a tip based on how good they look. Sad thing is, the ones that do that aren't really that good looking. Go figure!
We just try to sit in a section of the waitresses we know well. We have actually got up and moved if we sat in a section where there's a waitress that gave us crappy service previously. That usually raises an eyebrow.

Back