You can type here any text you want

Todd Moyer's twin turbo Outlaw 10.5 car.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The performance market and technology has taken off in the past 4 years. Its so easy for the regular guy to make big power, but it always takes BIG MONEY to make big power all the time, every race, every weekend. With that comes the guy with unlimited budgets and everything goes out of whack. Prime example is suspensions like Dusty pointed out.

I think some organizations are failing at keeping the little guy in the game.
Most organizations think that by only controlling turbos and Tires, ETs can be kept in check. Unfortunately it will tale more than that, like limiting cylinder heads like NMCA does. This is not a dig at any one or anything.

Ill close with none of them are perfect, you cant make everyone happy. Hopefully one day, when my car is done I can fit into something..LOL

Dusty,

Whose car is that with "stock" suspension. Looks like mustake with a torque arm...ya that is stock.:rolleyes:

You coming down to BMP and Orlando in Oct this year?

-Alex

I think the car belongs to Larry Carpenter and is a 97 body style red Firebird with a N20 motor. It went 8.20's at Memphis. He hasn't run any big numbers, it's just the point of the car whoring out the suspension rules. He has been in talks with Donald to see if his car will be legal in Bradenton.

It has so many bars that I couldn't figure out if the car was a back half car with the stock framerails welded back in place or if the rails were in the stock location. The car is a really nice piece of work though.

I'll be at the BMP race but doubt I'll run Orlando.

Doug..

When I had my GN, I used adjustable upper control arms(Metco's) and adjusted pinion angle, which made a huge difference. I think the pinion will change with moving the instant center back, so check into that also.

I have adjustable uppers, set the pinion angle to -3. It did change the pinion angle a bit when I did the lower control arm brackets, but I reset it to -3. I also set the preload this time around with me in the car since it kept wanting to go right (along with the passenger side of the car saging over an inch).

I'll be at Bradenton this Sat so hopefully I can do better then a 1.65 (and go 11's stock turbo, pump).

Doug D

Back