Tonight on Barrett-Jackson

Frederickdav

Did anyone else see the Barrett-Jackson auction tonight? A real nice '87 GN went for $22000. Which I admit is nothing special but, the way the commentator was talking about it. He was saying things like one of these is on his "bucket list" and if he only had a paddle, these cars are "highly collectible". I think the value of my "T"just went up a few coins!

Last edited:
Yup, I was watching Barrett Jackson that night. I was kind of disappointed at the $22k figure , too. Makes one wonder why so low of a dollar figure if it was very nice .

Yup, I was watching Barrett Jackson that night. I was kind of disappointed at the $22k figure , too. Makes one wonder why so low of a dollar figure if it was very nice .

Dumb ass folks that's why. Dumb, dumb just f'ing dumb!

No offense to whoever owns it / sold it , it was not that nice of a car , I thought $22k was very generous for it .

I have been to barret jackson twice now. Television makes those cars look a whole lot better believe me. Some are really nice but i saw some outside before they went on the block and was amazed at how good they looked on the big screen.

What was wrong with it? I couldn't see any flaws on TV. Which would shock me if I could.
It had some worn spots in the interior, the paint had some crazing, it basically looked like it was ridden hard and put away wet, for lack of a better way to describe it.

Saw it in person on Saturday, no way was that worth 22K, lots of flaws in the paint, didn't even look inside it!

Just got home myself. What a long day. Pretty cool experience overall and I also agree that GN was a little overbid...Mike

It appears Barret Jackson is the place to sell a TR.

Just oil up the paint and make it shine.

D

I have been to barret jackson twice now. Television makes those cars look a whole lot better believe me. Some are really nice but i saw some outside before they went on the block and was amazed at how good they looked on the big screen.

I second this. I went to BJ in Vegas last year and was amazed at how bad a lot of the cars were in person. Hell I saw a "GN" sell at the Vegas auction that wasn't even a GN but was advertised as being one as the VIN was for a standard regal!! If that tells ya anything.