You can type here any text you want

too much burnout for this GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
good footage! you can see all the vapor come out under the car just before it ignites!

He could have just bought the trophy instead of doing that to his car. What an idiot! Must be nice to have money to burn ! :eek:

lord guys, back off of the guy, its just a burnout contest, we have one every year at our local buick event. I won't do it to mine, but i can tell you ive got more carnage from racing my car than my friend does from his burnout escapades. It was a damn good burnout and im sure he'll have it back up and running soon enough. I would have let it shift into drive instead of buzzing it in 2nd gear like it sounded(maybe it was buzzing in 3rd?)

if that was me,in the first 10 secs. i would of let off! that was almost close to aminute in uproar! but nevertheless lucky the car didnt caught up in flames!,dumbasses :rolleyes:

JDSfastGN said:
lord guys, back off of the guy, its just a burnout contest, we have one every year at our local buick event. I won't do it to mine, but i can tell you ive got more carnage from racing my car than my friend does from his burnout escapades. It was a damn good burnout and im sure he'll have it back up and running soon enough. I would have let it shift into drive instead of buzzing it in 2nd gear like it sounded(maybe it was buzzing in 3rd?)[/QUOTE
I know what you mean, nevertheless it was a burning contest,but imo,having it on the footbreak,burning them, for almost a full minute(i can imagine the temp of the car being driven to the contest) is a no no for any transmission,espicially heat!. Yeah,it a blast on the first few secs. but Jesus,let off,and use the good ol' common sense!. :biggrin:

My wife won a burn out contest with a 70 stage 1 and I told her to put it at 4000 rpm and go until the tires pop!! The hard part is cleaning all the rubber off the car and the WHITE vinal top. So of course we wont ever do it again but it was fun anyway..................... :D

There's always some bonehead the hurts a nice car in a burnout contest. The best burnout contest cars are beaters that are set up for it with the rear brakes disconnected and hard skinny rear tires. They can go on for several minutes before they blow.

Sad...

I prefer Top-Fuel style burnout, u know where u crawl thru the water (not stopping)then start the burnout and as the tires heat up and dry off the car is moving forward then hooks and gives that torque to the right jerk. Of course u have to stop right away then the cloud of smoke passes by and u inhale deeply ;) . I know the sudden hook is not good either for our transmissions but it cant be nearly as bad as melting the convertor and seals.

Back