You can type here any text you want

Too much fuel!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1987Turbogn

Put new gas tank and a pair of walbro 340's and now the car is all pissed off. 85 psi at the rail and can't turn it down with regulator. Any ideas ?

A pair of walbros ? How's the return line? Kinked? To small?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

No Hobbs switch to turn on the second pump?

Check to see if the lines at the tank are not mixed up, and are attached in the correct order going into the tank?

No kinked lines nor mixed up that I'm aware off. Yes a hob switch is on second pump. Blew air through all lines and no blockage.

Well found the return line to be a problem! Disconnected all lines up front rail to hose in frame clear. Frame to axle clear. Axle to pumps clear. All done with 125 psi air line. Ran car on rail to frame draining in gas bottle ran fine. Hook up front of car and ran car from axle to gas bottle no problem. Hook all lines back up and car is back to pissed off again. I don't get it

Return fuel line is to small. Time to upgrade

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

you say there is a hobbs but are both pumps running
unplug the power to one of them and see what you have

with stock lines, accufab regulator , stock rail and twin 255lph walbros mine would be at 55psi with both pumps running
even if both were running with 85 psi either you mixed up the return and the vent at the tank or you kinked something in the install process

fyi ...the vent is 5/16" and the return is the smaller 1/4"
even though the hanger vent line is larger it has a poppet (pressure valve)inside the hanger and if you connect the return line to it the fuel wont flow and pressure will build

The shop that put the pumps in the hanger made a new bottom plat cause these new pumps was wider than the original. They didn't have a hole in the new plat for return fuel so the car was backing up fuel due to that. Taken out and putting new hole in and car is happy now! Thanks for the tips everybody.

What about running a new feed line and using the original feed as the return?

in post #11 he said the shop that did the install found the issue and fixed it

Back