You can type here any text you want

Took the 86 GN out for a few pics. Something to look at on this rainy day in the NE

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
I don't know why, but I could photograph these cars ALL day long. Can't wait for the BPG event in Ohio the end of this month so I'll have plenty of them to shoot! :cool: Sorry for all the brown grass we haven't had rain here in what seams to be all summer. Today is the first rain we have had in weeks! I needed some new desktop pics. :cool: Enjoy...

4777484760_73b5f85f14_b.jpg

4776852227_67dd55ac7d_b.jpg

4776852363_92f811123b_b.jpg

4776852463_e17253ee32_b.jpg

4776852567_cd760aba4c_b.jpg

4777485428_e7a4c8f1d6_b.jpg

4776852837_0c1b4b5c34_b.jpg

I don't know what I love more... my camera or my car! :cool:

4777485706_4499d3f5a2_b.jpg

4777485818_605fe91d97_b.jpg

4776854001_4b35f097a2_b.jpg

4777486876_904d3c6eb9_b.jpg

4777486992_8e22ecd2ea_b.jpg

4777487118_0b456f62ac_b.jpg

4777487586_bcf3663a3d_b.jpg

One of these weekends I'll take that trunk badge off and put it in the correct place...

4777487802_b639e47622_b.jpg

4777487918_398461e446_b.jpg

Philly, This is the car with the perfect engine bay? You have a really nice car! Only flaw i can find on that spotless car is the air dam. You do nice work.

Tell ya what Jim, I will buy ya a new camera and you sell me the car:biggrin:

I REALLY like that thing;)

Philly, This is the car with the perfect engine bay? You have a really nice car! Only flaw i can find on that spotless car is the air dam. You do nice work.

Yea this is the one I just went over the engine bay all winter and stole all my time and money! :eek: :D That damn air dam only shows up in pictures! lol When I'm around the car I always forget about it. I have a NOS set I guess I'll toss that on the project list as well. :cool: Thanks for the compliments! So far she has been knocking them dead in stock class at all the local shows I've been to. I just enjoy GN guys checking the car out and the first place they head to is the dash to see the miles. When they see it says 82K they step back and scratch their head! lol

Here is a shot of the engine bay...

4503980958_4349076267_o.jpg

4503349199_13c02ae824_o.jpg

4503980754_eb2184b8e3_o.jpg

Tell ya what Jim, I will buy ya a new camera and you sell me the car:biggrin:

I REALLY like that thing;)

lol thanks Ty! Get your butt out to Ohio this year and you can see it in person! 19 days left to get ready! I'm going to "try" to bring it to Bowling Green this year as well in October. If all the moons align that is. Most of the GN guys who have seen it say that pictures don't do the car justice so I'm trying to off set that a little with my camera skillz :D

Awsome pictures.. mine is at Goodchilds autobody getting media blasted and painted still. cant wait till it comes back with some new paint.. Your car looks great.. :cool: hope mine comes back half as shiny:D

Beautiful stocker. 82K? Awesome. Great reference for restorations too. Hope to see it live in Columbus!

Very clean. Great pics... Almost looks like a perfect toy car the way the pics are done. Must be a sweet camera.

BTW, your engine bay gives me something to shoot for.;)

lol thanks Ty! Get your butt out to Ohio this year and you can see it in person! 19 days left to get ready! I'm going to "try" to bring it to Bowling Green this year as well in October. If all the moons align that is. Most of the GN guys who have seen it say that pictures don't do the car justice so I'm trying to off set that a little with my camera skillz :D

You really need to bring it to Noble Jim:biggrin:, along with a few Hoggies for us to enjoy of course.:rolleyes: Your car has always looked good and I'm hoping mine will look as good one day.:smile:

Thanks again guys for the compliments! I just love everything about these cars. Working on them, making them fast, driving them, and making them shine! One of my favorite things is representing the turbo Buick community out there at the local shows and events. Seems the GN's at the shows have been slowly going away as the years go by. I see less and less of them. I was at a show just the other day and a guy came up to me and said "thank you for bringing your car out" I thought he was one of the people running the show but he was just a passer by. He went on to say how much he admired these cars since new and rarely see's one in stock dress and felt honored to admire my car. I was kinda shocked but these cars were one of a kind in their day and still get all the respect out there on the street and strip! Not many cars can do that! And the astro roof on this one for me is just the topping on the cake! :cool:

I'll try to make it out to ALL the Buick events with the car. My truck is only good for local and not to far events that's why I like the BPG event in Ohio so much. Only 8 hour ride and it's 90% flat all the way! I'm having air bags installed on my truck next week as I'd love to bring it to Bowling Green in the fall. I need a little more tongue weight load!

Charlie I'll see what I can do about Noble and some hoagies for you! I just had a nice turkey breast hoagie with sharp cheese the other day. Nothing like it! :biggrin:

I'll have the car in Ohio for sure the end of this month at the BPG event so come on out and see her in person!

Charlie I'll see what I can do about Noble and some hoagies for you! I just had a nice turkey breast hoagie with sharp cheese the other day. Nothing like it! :biggrin:

Oh I hate you right now Jim.:biggrin: Next time try some provolone and a little red sauce on it. You will be thanking me later.:biggrin:

Charlie: Your making me hungry! Don't make me walk a few blocks and get one. :p Yes, one of the best hoagie places around is only a few blocks away from me! :biggrin:

Thanks Jason you can drive it around in Ohio. Maybe I'll put your dad's car on my trailer and send you home with the 86! ;)

The camera I have is a Canon EOS 400D with a 50MM lens

Charlie: Your making me hungry! Don't make me walk a few blocks and get one. :p Yes, one of the best hoagie places around is only a few blocks away from me! :biggrin:

Well if you decide to make it to Noble I'll see about getting you some Texas food.:biggrin: If you didn't look for my post on the 3rd about "What are you cooking on the fourth" you might want to.:cool: Which Hoggie place is it?

Where did you get those tires Jim? I would kill for a set of Eagle GT's in stock size...

Well if you decide to make it to Noble I'll see about getting you some Texas food.:biggrin: If you didn't look for my post on the 3rd about "What are you cooking on the fourth" you might want to.:cool: Which Hoggie place is it?

I'm down for ANY food! :D yum yum! I actually use to work at this deli who makes the best in Philly! They are not huge web people and I was actually surprised they have a site but here is the place.. Al's Corner Deli and Catering Service I had to quit after a year because I was eating more then I was making! lol I also gained about 40 wonderful pounds while I was working there. As I type this I am fighting myself not to go down and get one right now!! Damn it's almost lunch time! Damn you Charlie!! lol :D

Where did you get those tires Jim? I would kill for a set of Eagle GT's in stock size...

And you would kill me if I told you I got 6 of them for 100 bucks! :eek: :D I was at a local show and was chatting with a guy who owned a 86 Olds 442. He was saying how he remembered when the GN's came out and how bad the traction was on the Eagle GT's and how in the world could GN owners get traction when the slow ass 442 would spin them. He then went on to tell me how he pulled his originals off 6 months after he bought the car and went to the GT plus 4 as soon as they came out to see if they were better and they weren't. I said what a shame to toss out 6 low mile GT tires. I said I would have loved to put them on my stock build 86 GN. Then he said well... they are still in my climate controlled basement I think.... *boing!* I stayed on his ass like glue and he found 2 "spares" he bought because he smoked up the rear ones several times. So there they were still some with nubs on them. I said what do you want for them. He said he was going to toss them make him an offer. While I most likely could have got them for free I felt bad and threw a 100 bucks number at him and he said "sure!" Loaded them up and put them on a fresh set of re-chromed GN rims (with weights on the inside) and there they are! Stuff like that is so rare to happen I was happy it all fell into place. Once I had them mounted I could not wait to get them on the car. I since sold the other 2 to someone local for 50 bucks.. so I guess those tires were really 50 bucks if you look at it that way! :D Just don't call me a dick next time you see me! lol

Back