You can type here any text you want

Took TTA to track the second time... vid inside

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

I put some 275/60 Mickey Thompson tires on the car.

I had a grudge race after about a month of smack talk with every street racer in the next town over.

Get this, there were 15 pages of posts by the time things went down. I was running a 5.0 with two small turbos and a C-4 automatic. Of course I won :biggrin: It was a close race, but I had a better reaction time. He blew something up on his motor, so he wasn't able to run anymore. I was actually sandbagging a little, but since he broke, I decided to get in a couple solo passes. I need to get gears. Turbo Trans Am's don't like taller tires with stock gears. I was going through the traps at around 4900 rpm. I know the car has quite a bit more in it without turning the boost up any higher when I can lock the converter in 2nd with some lower gears tweaking the tune etc.

First car in the video.
YouTube - hastys camdenton stock V6 turbo and more

That's impressive! How about some info on your combo. V8Killer is looking to improve his TTA and that's right up his alley.

CPT-66
Stock hand ported heads (still have stock valves in them)
Stock Crank, rods, caps
stock throttle body
stock intake and plenum
210/215 cam
stock rockers.
Pump gas/alcohol
27#'s boost

The 3.31 gears are killing this thing. I know it will go 9's without adding any power.

So are most people keeping the stock crank and rods without fail? Are people nitriding or cryo'ing the cranks/rods?

Congrats and thanks for the vid :) ---

Plenty of cars going pretty fast on them. I don't know if it's exactly a good idea though.

I put some 275/60 Mickey Thompson tires on the car.

I had a grudge race after about a month of smack talk with every street racer in the next town over.

Get this, there were 15 pages of posts by the time things went down. I was running a 5.0 with two small turbos and a C-4 automatic. Of course I won :biggrin: It was a close race, but I had a better reaction time. He blew something up on his motor, so he wasn't able to run anymore. I was actually sandbagging a little, but since he broke, I decided to get in a couple solo passes. I need to get gears. Turbo Trans Am's don't like taller tires with stock gears. I was going through the traps at around 4900 rpm. I know the car has quite a bit more in it without turning the boost up any higher when I can lock the converter in 2nd with some lower gears tweaking the tune etc.

First car in the video.
YouTube - hastys camdenton stock V6 turbo and more

Are you going into OD?

Top gear I saw a little puff.. did it pickup any knock?

Love the way it leaves.. great job dude :D And for 28 inch tall tires.. I think your correct.. a 3.42 or 3.50 gear would be better.

Back