tools needed for brake pads

moyersgn

What tools are need to change the front brake pads? Just need to be sure i have everything before i put the car in the air. Stock brakes.

What tools are need to change the front brake pads? Just need to be sure i have everything before i put the car in the air. Stock brakes.
Dont take this the wrong way but if you dont know the tools that are needed then you should take it to a shop. Brake failure is possible so why risk your or anyones well-being

Not taken wrong way. Have not change these brakes before. Ive changed pads 100s of times over the years. Just didnt know if i needed allen wrench or sockets to take off pads.

this is a hard question for me to answer....usually if a fastener has a hex head, I use vice grips . If it has a slotted groove, i use a kitchen knife. And I always seal threads and insulate with masking tape.

this is a hard question for me to answer....usually if a fastener has a hex head, I use vice grips . If it has a slotted groove, i use a kitchen knife. And I always seal threads and insulate with masking tape.
Are you always a dick or just to this guy?

Can't believe you actually took the time to write this.

And your listed occupation in this day and age isn't even remotely funny even if you spelled it horribly wrong intentionally.

OP you need an Allen socket of which size I can't remember for some reason. (3/8"?). If your replacing the rotors you will need a wheel seal, and repack the wheel bearings. I also always check installed lateral runout on rotors with a dial indicator but nobody else ever does. With captured rotors you can't index them anyway so the only way to correct runout is with an on-car lathe so its pointless for you to even check.

Are you always a dick or just to this guy?

Can't believe you actually took the time to write this.

And your listed occupation in this day and age isn't even remotely funny even if you spelled it horribly wrong intentionally.

OP you need an Allen socket of which size I can't remember for some reason. (3/8"?). If your replacing the rotors you will need a wheel seal, and repack the wheel bearings. I also always check installed lateral runout on rotors with a dial indicator but nobody else ever does. With captured rotors you can't index them anyway so the only way to correct runout is with an on-car lathe so its pointless for you to even check.

Thank you for taking the time to peruse my profile and write this. I can't even remember what I put in my profile 14 years ago. Just like you can't remember that since 1979, the G-body has been a metric chassis. the caliper pins require a 10mm allen socket. So take you 3/8 allen socket put some anti seize on it and stick it where it belongs.
And for the record, yes, I'm ALWAYS a dick.

Thank you for taking the time to peruse my profile and write this. I can't even remember what I put in my profile 14 years ago. Just like you can't remember that since 1979, the G-body has been a metric chassis. the caliper pins require a 10mm allen socket. So take you 3/8 allen socket put some anti seize on it and stick it where it belongs.
And for the record, yes, I'm ALWAYS a dick.
Wow look, you are actually capable of contributing something worth typing. (ASSuming your correct on size). See, its not that hard to actually contribute something worth reading

Damn.... And here I thought you had actually contributed something worth reading. Turns out your wrong (I was surprised to read 10mm) and the size is.... Wait for it.... 3/8". Do I need to tell you what to do with your 10mm? It might involve anti-seize.

Sorry, I don't normally get involved in pissing matches, but it irritates me when somebody acts like a sarcastic dick when somebody asks a simple question. Can't we all just help one another ;)