Top 10 most useless modifications

Originally posted by gn85
How about a huge ricer wing for increased downforce? :)

that does us no good. now if we had front wheel drive cars, we would need 4' wings in the back.

sorry about double posting back there, it wont' let me delete one. if a moderator wants to delete the first one my permission is right here.

cheeta

The 1st "Cheeta" turbo. Slowed me down 3/10th from stock. New Converter didn't help. Was advertised as a 50HP gain.

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
air/fuel ratio gauges :)

If you have one of the PLX Devices M-300 to run the AFR Meters, they are actually very helpful. They will actually read out the correct AFR. Check this link for more info! Goto the bottom of the page!

How about the great intercooler shroud from Kenne-Bell, it mounted on the back and enclosed the fan so it would pull air thru the IC at idle, supposed to add 5 or so hp...and the KB aftercooler kit to circulate cool water around the uppipe.....KB plenum spacer....KB ram air...have to agree with above comment about most KB stuff didn't work as advertised.... and how about those KB chips with a ton of timing for pump gas....and rear lower control arms.

2 through 10 are debatable but the #1 has gotta be the budget roller cam. Budget LOL talk about your false advertising. LOL;)

THE #1

:rolleyes: The Number 1 most usless modifacations is :confused:

putting in a small block/juck chevy engine for a performance up grade :rolleyes: :eek:

Re: THE #1

Originally posted by MGSCP
:rolleyes: The Number 1 most usless modifacations is :confused:

putting in a small block/juck chevy engine for a performance up grade :rolleyes: :eek:
LOL,LOL,LOL!!:D :D

Originally posted by UNGN
Jumper Valve. Bypassed the proportioning valve so you got full brake force to the rears at launch. That one actually worked as advertised, based on the bent backing plates and cracked drums I heard about. :)

Hey, I like my jumper valve!

It works well for me.

I didn't read all of the posts, but someone early on said a dump pipe. I disagree on that one.

Originally posted by TX87GN
I didn't read all of the posts, but someone early on said a dump pipe. I disagree on that one.

A dump pipe is a great mod. A "Useless mod" is a "fender well dump" that cuts a hole in the irreplaceable pasenger side fender well (for a couple tenths vs. a stock elbow).

It's one of those mods that your buddy runs up to you and says "look what I did!!!" all proud of his accomplishment and you mumble "dumbass" and go :rolleyes:

Reply to "2QUIK6"...

2QUIK6, it's true that some parts that were sold by Kenne-Bell did not work as advertised, but I don't agree when you say that most K-B stuff didn't work...I use several K-B products, and they still work very good...roller rockers with taller valve covers, rear seat brace, "hot flash" chip, fuel pressure regulator, etc... Don't forget that when the GN's first came out, Kenne-Bell was one of the very few suppliers for them on who GN owners could rely...It's just that now, they seem to have changed their performance orientation, and are not involved as much they were before in Buick performance parts...But although they were not perfect, they were not all that bad either!...C'mon!...
Claude :)

What is wrong with us "Hot Air" guys?? I mean really come on play nice:D At least I am not driving a Rustang;)

Worst performance mod: A 86/87 TR driver with a fat head that thinks he owns the fastest car on the road, to bad it his wife's car:p

:cool:

Re: Reply to "2QUIK6"...

Originally posted by toofastforyou
But although they were not perfect, they were not all that bad either!...C'mon!...
Claude :)
Very true, I still have several of their parts on my car, adj fp reg, stainless steel headers, 40# inj... But you can't help but laugh when you read through their catalog that was from 10 years ago on some of the claims :) Yep, they were the first vendorof aftermarket parts I knew about, I guess cause the guy I bought the GN from gave me their catalog ;)

Useless? VISIBLE mods on any car slower than 11's.

UNGN, you're right on, with all of it. Take note, folks.