You can type here any text you want

Top Speed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostedmaxPSI

Hard Member
What was the top speed of the TTA from the factory? Did it have a factory speed limiter like the TR?

And finally what's your top speed in your TTA? Just getting a feel for how far the LC2 can be pushed.

Frank

I heard that John Pearcy had his over 180mph, and read somewhere that a stock TTA at Indy w/a professional driver hit well over 160mph. Can't remember what they advertised the top speed at, but you can bet it was advertised lower than the 'vette, just like the hp.

Ken

Ran out of road at a scanmaster indicated 165mph in my car, mostly stock but with a few easy tweaks. Would have gone a little faster, but probably not too much faster-- getting near the RPM limit of the stock valvesprings at that speed.

It gets up there so effortlessly you have no idea how fast you are going until you look down. Surprisingly stable at that speed, too-- the factory really did their homework on the aerodynamics.

Stock top speed was supposed to be slightly north of 160, and I don't doubt that claim.

A TTA ran the Silver State Classic back around 1990 with nothing more than a cage, different chip/injectors, and 2.something gears that was clocked at 189mph. The article is around on the web somewhere, I can't seem to find it right now.

Originally posted by Gokou
Ran out of road at a scanmaster indicated 165mph in my car, mostly stock but with a few easy tweaks. Would have gone a little faster, but probably not too much faster-- getting near the RPM limit of the stock valvesprings at that speed.

It gets up there so effortlessly you have no idea how fast you are going until you look down. Surprisingly stable at that speed, too-- the factory really did their homework on the aerodynamics.

Stock top speed was supposed to be slightly north of 160, and I don't doubt that claim.

A TTA ran the Silver State Classic back around 1990 with nothing more than a cage, different chip/injectors, and 2.something gears that was clocked at 189mph. The article is around on the web somewhere, I can't seem to find it right now.

Thats Steve (TTA850)'s car. Ive been in it its a cloth hardtop car.

I had my old one up to 150 and it definitely had more to go... unfortunately the Po-Po decided against that :(

limiter set to 255 in the chip.. this is what makes it the fastest production F bod. The newer 4th gens have 160 limiters.

Wow! I'm impressed with the LC2's ability to spin at those speeds. 180mph :confused:

I'd like to know where he did that. I live just down the road from John. Not saying it couldn't be done, just there's no place to do it safely.

Frank

When I get to 150 mph in mine, the T-tops make so much noise I back out of it. Sounds like they are about to come off!
But, it gets to 150 mph VERY easily with a lot more peddle.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
When I get to 150 mph in mine, the T-tops make so much noise I back out of it. Sounds like they are about to come off!
But, it gets to 150 mph VERY easily with a lot more peddle.

I have a couple of buddies that own TTA's, I really should go for a ride.

According to Rich "biggdogg" our TTA historian if you will, via Scott Kelly, tech. rep. at PAS. Stock TTA was clocked at Indy during lap testing at 171 mph in the straights.

Motor Trend's "Flat out fastest American Cars II" - 162mph at the Arizona Test Center.

Corvette Fever - 161 mph at TRC in Ohio.

Me, pussed out a little past 140 mph, 805 frwy in San Diego:D

Dunno..my speedo only goes to 140 :D ... thought I broke it since it stayed there for a while after lifting ;)

i know its not a TTA but my 89Formula350 would peg the speedo very easy. i'm going to say it would run a easy 155, so a TTA should be a ton faster:cool:

Originally posted by 1BADDAM
According to Rich "biggdogg" our TTA historian if you will, via Scott Kelly, tech. rep. at PAS. Stock TTA was clocked at Indy during lap testing at 171 mph in the straights.

Motor Trend's "Flat out fastest American Cars II" - 162mph at the Arizona Test Center.

Corvette Fever - 161 mph at TRC in Ohio.

Me, pussed out a little past 140 mph, 805 frwy in San Diego:D

Now that's good info! Thanks

Back