You can type here any text you want

torque converter swaps....curious

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
my friend has a torque converter for a 700 r4 laying around and we were just shooting shop the other day and we were curious if the converter would work in my 200r4. he said it was a performance converter he had bought but the trans tore up before he got to put it in, he then swapped to a different trans so its just sitting around collecting dust. does anyone know if this would work in mine.....thanks.

The best explination is maybe. There are 27 spline and 30 spline convertors for the 700R4. You need to find out which he has.

The best explination is maybe. There are 27 spline and 30 spline convertors for the 700R4. You need to find out which he has.
Maybe but not likely. 27 spline 700 was really early. I havent seen one in years. Id be sure to count the splines before i tried it. The 30 spline converter will slide over the 27 spline input and appear to be ok till you put it in gear and have nothing. I know of at least one situation where a vendor ordered 9x11 lockup converters that were spec'd for a 200 but came with the 30 spline stator. Not a good day when it got installed in a car with a 200.

Back