You can type here any text you want

Torque Converters: 9",10",11" or 12"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rocketrod

What is the difference between a 9",10",11" or 12" other than diameter? What makes ones more adventageous than the other? What is the selection criteria, meaning how do the proper size for you application and why? If it makes a difference assume the torque converter for a 2004R.

Thanks in advance,
Rod

the smaller the convertor the less rotating mass=more response and more flash stallit would take less time for a 9 or 10" 3000 stall to spool than a 12" 3000 stall convertor because less weight the motor has to rotate

lpaulabbott said:
the smaller the convertor the less rotating mass=more response and more flash stallit would take less time for a 9 or 10" 3000 stall to spool than a 12" 3000 stall convertor because less weight the motor has to rotate
100% right on the money I went from a 12" down to a 10" and man my car felt like a stick car leaving the line!
I would go with the Smallest Dia Converter you can buy and get the stall you need you will not be disapointed! ;)

Back