Tower Shops

Man are you east coast guys touchy HA HA HA

JUST JOKING, JUST JOKING Like I was with the NEON comment.

I imagine Jeff's car is a real knockout and I can't wait to see it.

The comment came as a result of a gal over here that told me I probably saw her GN running around town because it had purple neon under it. GAG Now to us here on the West coast, neon equates to RICER and Freekin Rican cars. You know, waterbettle tires and rims.

And yes, there are some GN's unfortunately owned by young kids over here (usually POS cars) that they have riced out. Makes you sick.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Terry

I WANT TO SEE AT LEAST 100 CARS AT TOWER SHOPS THE 25th O.K. ! (did they make that many...LoL)

No but seriously, I'm tired of hearing a buddy of mine talking about " O.. we had 82 Impalas out their and we took up 3 parking sections and Bla Bla Bla.....".

Lets have a strong turn out guy's!

Two weeks is enough time to get the word out. ( Plus all the time that we've had already)

Later.

Originally posted by Turbojorge
I'm their dudes, the 25th.

Yeah, but I'll be GN-less.

I wiped out TWO bearings on sunday while doing some tunning and well, you know how that goes.

But I'll be their with my digital camera taking pictures and you guy's will be able to see your cars on-line.

life goes on.............

:( :( :( :( :(:( :( :(:(

I am still in , with GN...with NO a/c :mad: ...It leaked all the fluid out somehow.....:(

AC, whats that? Mine works, but I'm afraid to use it. Its even been converted over. I turn it on about one out of every five times I drive it just to keep it lubed up.

OK, all.

Sorry, but I could not get in touch with any of the event organizers, so I could not reserve us a spot.

The overwhelming if not unanimous response as to where to park has been in the Eastern most section, one section South of the Northern most section. Some say it was where the Impala's and Miatas park. One or two sections North of the military vehicles.

I hope that helps...

I found a link to the towershops unofficial web site.
http://www.digitalwheels.net/CLUBS/Towershopes.asp

We can meet between 6-8. You can get there as early as you like. The earlier the better if you want to reserve a spot. I will try to be there by 5:30.

I will make reservations for six people at Padrinos for 8:30. FYI, Padrinos prolly has a dress code. You can call them at 954-476-5777 or http://fort.lauderdale.diningguide.net/data/d100116.htm

For anyone that has not been to towers before:
Take I-95 or the Turnpike to I-595 in Ft. Lauderdale
Take I-595 West (about 5 miles from 95 or 2 miles from Turnpike) to University drive.
Take University South about two blocks.
Towers is on your left behind the Arby's, Roadhouse and Miami Subs.

My car is acting up again, but I will be there. Just so I don't upset Jeff S., I'll keep the hood of my car closed. I wouldn't wan't to show him up after all the work he has done. ;)

Sid (Towers event co-organizer) sent me an email.

He said that since we have so many cars, our best bet is the spot right behind Taco Bell (West most row, one section South of Nortern most section). He said someone will need to be there by 4:00 to rope/tape off the section.

Any volunteers?

I will print out some signs today and I will stop by Home Depot on the way home to pick up some "caution" tape.

Sent you all an email. I had to re-create my address list. Let me know if you don't get it.

B6Pack, my hood latch is broke, so I can't open the hood- LOL (Just kiddin :) )
Shawn- I can try and get there around 4:30, but closer to 5:00 is more of a reality, let me know how I can help?
Later,
Jeff

Actually my latch is messed up! Don't worry, we'll blind everybody that looks under our hoods. You blind them with the chrome, and I blind them with the dust that blows up when I open the hood. ;)

Originally posted by BLACK6PACK
Actually my latch is messed up! Don't worry, we'll blind everybody that looks under our hoods. You blind them with the chrome, and I blind them with the dust that blows up when I open the hood. ;)

LMFAO!:D

WOW 3 Pages on the Tower Shops Meet!!

Now this is cool, there are 3 Pages about this Friday, there is no reason why we shouldn't have a **** load of TR's show up!

Shawn- looks like I can make it there by 4:30 (taking off work early). I would not mind ropping it off, but have no idea the exact spot you are talking about since I have never been there... If someone is there from the event, they can show me or put down some spray paint marks at each corner for me to work with.

I will also bring a dust mask... LOL :)

Later,
Jeff

it's on...

OK, I got some "caution" tape. I will make up some signs tomorrow that say "turbo buick club". (that'll be us).

I could probably get there early. Hopefully by 4. I will rope the place off.

I will prolly dip out when Jeff shows up to go home to shower and pick up the wife.

Once again, Sid (the towers co-organizer) told me to go for the place right behind taco bell. That should be the Western most row, one section south of the northern most section.

If someone gets there before me, I will move one section East. (per Sid). Just look for all the black cars that look like monte carlos...:D

Re: it's on...

Originally posted by jsta6
OK, I got some "caution" tape. I will make up some signs tomorrow that say "turbo buick club". (that'll be us).

I could probably get there early. Hopefully by 4. I will rope the place off.

I will prolly dip out when Jeff shows up to go home to shower and pick up the wife.

Once again, Sid (the towers co-organizer) told me to go for the place right behind taco bell. That should be the Western most row, one section south of the northern most section.

If someone gets there before me, I will move one section East. (per Sid). Just look for all the black cars that look like monte carlos...:D

Shawn-
I will shoot for 4:00 PM to give ya a hand...
Later,
Jeff

Sorry guys. I am sick and won't be there. Have Fun

Brad B.

86' GN Just some simple bolt-ons.
14.90's ;)

great time

Had a great time tonight at the Towers Shop, Biggest turn out of the GN and T-type. Learn alot about my car, and meeting a few new people. Need to do it again next month, maybe they will give us a better spot with some lights ( we got ran off from the first spot )

Thanks Guys
Paul & Cathy

Howdy!!

Hey all, just wanted to say THANKS to SHAWN!!! for telling me 'bout this here site.

I was at TOWER tonight as always. I usually hang at the TOWER SHOPS been doin' it fer a while now. I gotta say, this was the biggest GN showing I've seen in a WHILE!! If no GN's show I usually hang with the 'Stang crowd (someones gotta keep 'em in line) as I've been going ta TOWER fer quite some time now. I've been trying ta get us South Florida guys together it sux to be the only GN dude there nice ta know there are more of us than I thought.

I am always at TOWER usually has ta be a miracle if I am not there. I've been trying to get a bigger showing of GN's at TOWER but never really panned out. So, it was great seeing those of you that were there. Anywho, we gotta do somethin' 'bout hanging on a regular basis. Morroso should be opening up 'round the 13th er so. I will be there on TEST AND TUNE nights trying to figure which night would be cool though. I would like ta see us be more regular at TOWER, I agree we should meet one week out of the month maybe even at Morroso too. Well, gotta fly now so jest wanted ta say tonight was kewl.

C'ya
Tony

Excellent Turn Out!

Thanks to Shawn for setting this all up! I also agree, we have to do more of this kind of stuff in the future. It was real great hanging out with all of ya!
Later,
Jeff