You can type here any text you want

Track Night 10/16

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Justin231

I had a fun time last night. I got 4 runs in with a new best of 14.03. Now for the kills...I was next to a new Hemi Truck at the front line of staging, and I leaned out the window and yelled at the guy,"Hey that thing gotta Hemi?". We got lined up and I had a great launch for my setup. I had a 2.074 60' time on p235 street tires. I hit the 1/8 mile at 8.966. I had about 4 cars on the Hemi by the trap and I clocked at 14.03@97mph. Time wise, it went down hill. There were over almost 200cars there running and my last two runs they were making us go through the water box to save time! So my last two 60' times were crappy in the 2.3 range. I did get to race a 86 t-type, thing looked pretty mean, nice idle, big back tires lights and gauges all over inside the cockpit. We launched and had the same 60' time and were equal to about the 1000' mark then I heard him scream by in his massive turbo to have 3 cars on me by the trap. The other races were a honda and a mustang, typical prey. To anybody who was there last night and helped me out thanks alot, I learned alot and had a blast.

-Justin

dont even need the down pipe. I went 12.7 on drag radials and stock dp. Get the thrasher 100 or 108 and tires and race gas boost at 21. :D

Break the 14s and never go back!

I've never run on DRs and have pretty much a stock setup for an 87. I was having a problem breaking out of the 14s, I kept getting SO close. So I went to midnight madness one Saturday night and the car kept doing 14.05 so I decided, I'll dial in at 14.00. Naturally, I was eliminated in the first round when the car decided to bust off a 13.8. Happy and ticked at the same time. But since then this car has never seen 14s again. Stock IC, DP, inj, turbo, etc.... Moral of the story: Keep at the tuning and it will come!

BTW: My car did see 15s one time after that (not 14s). That was due to blowing the tires away on a pass. :( But other then that, low 13s, hi 12s. :)

another 14 sec. slip! DOOOOOH!:eek:
RACE FUEL RACE FUEL RACE FUEL RACE FUEL RACE FUEL
BOOST BOOST BOOST BOOST BOOST

AND SO ON AND SO ON.....................................

Back