Track Prep

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
I hear it so many times from street car guys...."Track prep sucks" and I get annoyed at this for two reasons.
The tracks that are known to be conservative with the VHT all the time are loosing people to other tracks, but I understand the stuff isnt cheap..so I see that point.
The people that have 11 and under cars can spin out of the whole pretty good and that can be dangerous, but why dont they work on their suspension set up to hook in the first place?

I really think there should be "no track prep day" so people can dial in their suspension. I know its not a new concept in the grudge racing world, but have an actual test n tune day without any track prep.
If you think about it, your cheating yourself when you stick to the glue. You are dependent on the glue and not the real surface your car is going to be facing everyday.
I get more smiles per gallon on the road and got my car to hook well in the street. I am still working on my suspension because I want to hook on dirt! lol
Anyway, I used to race years ago and used to complain about this until I started playing around with suspension components. Now when Im just at a test n tune, all I hear is about track prep.

Go to about any drag strip late in the day and it's like minimal prep. I usually go and hit the best 60' times in the first hour. Then it goes away .01-.02 at a clip as the day progresses. I'm less concerned with prep than the fact that street tire cars are tearing up the line. It's aggravating when you are trying to dial a car and you can't find a good spot to stage the car

BPE2013@hotmail.com

If they have the New Years day event in Cordova we could go test your suspension. I don't think they use any glue and it will be like 10 degrees out. I'll bring the hot chocolate and whiskey you do the driving.:D

Go to about any drag strip late in the day and it's like minimal prep. I usually go and hit the best 60' times in the first hour. Then it goes away .01-.02 at a clip as the day progresses. I'm less concerned with prep than the fact that street tire cars are tearing up the line. It's aggravating when you are trying to dial a car and you can't find a good spot to stage the car

BPE2013@hotmail.com
Bradenton has tire lanes, which is nice, but having the front wheel drive cars splash through the water was aggravating.
My current track doesnt have such organization.

If they have the New Years day event in Cordova we could go test your suspension. I don't think they use any glue and it will be like 10 degrees out. I'll bring the hot chocolate and whiskey you do the driving.:D
Years ago, when it was warmer, it was cool. If we had 50 degree weather this season, I'll call you. This spring your bringing your car over and we will have some fun.

I'll have it back together by spring. Not a whole lot of motivation when it's snowing outside.

Doubt we'll see 50 degrees this year but you never know.