Track times

boost'N87

I would like to see some stock times posted. Post what you ran stock, like tires and all. If you have light mods, list them. Just trying to get a feel on where i should be..Thanks guys

on a cold day i ran a 14.01 hard on the brakes at the finish line (braket race). without the brakes it should have been a 13.9_ pass. the car is totaly stock, except for 245 wide rear tires.

My best stock run was a 14.1 @ 99mph. I lowered the rear tires to 26psi and ran REAL hard on the brake to launch. It was about 75 degrees out. My buddy's Turbo-T ran a 14.00 flat on a 35 degree day. The track conditions were perfect. The only mod to the car was tires/rims.

When I first went to the track. Here is what I had
Gutted cat w/stock DP and exh, K&N cone in the engine bay, breathers on both valve cover, chip, pump gas(93), fan resistor jumped, 235/60/15 tires all the way around w/normal PSI in rear, MSD wires, Postons fuel pump hotwire, adjust reg, scanmaster. Think that was all.

Humid summer night in the south 2.0-2.2 60 foots 14.0 - 13.9 @ 97-98. Later I borrowed some dirt track recaps from a friend on corvette rally wheels and with boxed lower rear control arms w/poly bushings my best MPH was 100.4 and quickest ET was 13.7.

I had a stock T with 95K miles running cat in place and stock exhaust. K&N, valvecover breathers, Hypertech chip (crap), adj FPR, 16psi boost, 92 octane and a bottle of octane booster with stock 215 tires out back. Temps were in the 60's I believe. Pulled off a 1.87 60ft and ran a high 13@98mph. Was very happy.

-GNX7

My car is stock, really:D

see sig

Wasn't running propain at the time, but did have 5 gallons of 110 in and empty tank of 91. Boost was at 17-18psi with a 24* timing chip.

About 10-12 years ago, with :

-- open exhaust (ie, no Cat or muffler).
-- Union76 100 octane unleaded.
-- original stock tires & suspension (no air bags, nothing).
-- stock engine.

Ran 14.1-14.2 @ 102.7 MPH. I was pleased with the MPH (which is why I remember it to the decimal point). Lots of wheel hop, 60' time was a joke. Don't recall weather conditions. It was either at LA County Raceway (Palmdale) or Carlsbad Raceway.

Bypassing the stock Cat Converter was a HUGE seat-of-the-pants improvement in acceleration ... a "test pipe" to substitute for the converter became the norm for me, at that time.

i should note that when i ran the 13.9_ pass (see top of page), i had made no effort to lighten the car. didn't even take out the full sized spare. like i said, it was a cold day, and we all know how much these cars like cold air.

ATR exhaust w/cat, Reds 93, and everything else stock I ran a 8.69 in the 1/8th.