You can type here any text you want

Track update w/ pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dusty Bradford

I managed to get 2 pics before the batteries went dead in the camera while filming a pass. Lucky for me getting the car to run good has been easier than getting video for you guys. I'm still trying though.

A friend went to film my 3rd pass but the camera died during staging. It would have been a bum pass though. I went into tire shake about 200 feet out, peddled it a few times to get the car straight and still managed a 5.83.. :biggrin:

I think my belt issue is solved. I raised shift rpm to 6500 and belt is staying on.

1st pass. I left on 3800 rpm with about 3# and car went slightly left on launch
124.5mph

2nd pass. Raised 2 step to 4200rpm and took 1/2 turn out of the pass side swaybar link.
Car went dead straight

3rd pass was the attempt to film. It spun on the line and shook the tires.

4th pass. Took a little more fuel out and made a tire pressure adjustment.

All runs were with 22.5# and 24 degrees of timing. Each pass I leaned the car out. At the start of the day a/f was 9.8 going through the traps and on the 4th pass it was around 10.6. Still a ways to go but I'm very happy with the car.

I also put an old bumper filler on the front driver side and 87 chin spoilers to make it a little easier on the eyes.

Attachments

• track1.jpg
    track1.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 509
My favorite V8 Regal from the South will rise again!!!
Very nice stance, who is the guy in the picture?
Dude, I need a ride!

John Wilde said:
My favorite V8 Regal from the South will rise again!!!
Very nice stance, who is the guy in the picture?
Dude, I need a ride!

Not to bad for all stock springs and shocks on the front for now ;) All the weight from the engine and turbo let the front sit just right. With high 1.3 sixties I'm afraid to change much right now. The only suspension tweaking I have done so far is set the AFCO rear shocks 4 clicks clockwise and 1/2 turn on the swaybar from what I baselined it in the garage.

That's my boy/crew cheif.......Chad Sims. He's been a big help. He has a 69 Nova getting a 383 SBC turbo now. We got a present from the UPS man Friday with his stuff. 18 degree spread port Brodix heads w/intake, 160#'ers, Wilson TB adapter and Jesel shafts. He already put the M/T wheels on it. I'll have some pics of it later once we get to doing the headers. He's getting bends for that now.

:cool:

sounds like you'll have it hammered out soon

Its rollin right healthy already

see ya on t/m .com :)

Good stuff Dusty!

I like the approach you are taking with the car turning the wick up a little at a time everytime out :cool: The car definitely has a nice stance!

Now do yourself a favor and turn the hood ornament sidewayz before you make anymore passes.. Guaranteed 2 tenths and 2 MPH!!! :biggrin: ;)

Congrats Dusty. You should have come to the little DR race they had at Lassiter Saturday to take everyone's money..

I'll get out there to see you run one of these days.

86brick said:
I like the approach you are taking with the car turning the wick up a little at a time everytime out :cool: The car definitely has a nice stance!

Now do yourself a favor and turn the hood ornament sidewayz before you make anymore passes.. Guaranteed 2 tenths and 2 MPH!!! :biggrin: ;)

I tried the ornament deal on the 3rd pass when it shook the tires. It's a little too early for that big of a gain right now ;)

It's doing very well. I haven't touched the boost yet, been tempted but not yet. The way the boost comes in is very manageable so the radials are going on to see what happens. I may rig up a simple single stage controller for the next outing to work the boost up a few #'s at half track. I'm just enjoying the car right now playing with it.

Warren. I saw that class but saw a drive was involved. Without my voltage controller wired up I was afraid the pump would get the fuel to hot during the cruise. How many cars did they have what times was run? I could have used the money.....

Dusty, glad to see the updates, hopefully you can get video of it. That car is sick.

Is that a N/A hood on it too?

Dusty,
Car looks good. Nice times for just breaking it in. It's going to fly when you turn up the boost. What do you think the car will run when it's @ 35lbs of boost :eek:

looking good...keep us updated

Later

Hey Chris.

With a good boost controller I'm looking for 5.20's at close to 140 on radials. It's making plenty of power to make it fun already. It's hard to imagine picking up another 10-15 mph and what it'll pull like then.

1/4 mile will be interesting late this year :eek:

I don't know if it'll make it to 35lbs. but I'm going to try. On a 383 this turbo may not make over 30lbs

Dusty, car count was a little low. He didn't advertise much and tried to run 5 or 6 different classes.

DR had about 10 or so cars and the fastest was around 6.40's (they didn't show times).. Keep in mind this was at Lassiter Mtn so it was a bit of a challenge for many to get down the track.

Fastest car i saw was a carb'd SBC powered SN95 Stang.Car was as quiet as a 4cyl and turned some 6.40's@115.Sounded like they were hitting the n2o a couple of hundred feet out too.I dont think he stayed for the finals though.

So youre just gonna race the car on radials Dusty??Thats haulin :D

broke1 said:
Fastest car i saw was a carb'd SBC powered SN95 Stang.Car was as quiet as a 4cyl and turned some 6.40's@115.Sounded like they were hitting the n2o a couple of hundred feet out too.I dont think he stayed for the finals though.

So youre just gonna race the car on radials Dusty??Thats haulin :D

Yep. 295/65 M/T radials

1ARUNEM said:
DR had about 10 or so cars and the fastest was around 6.40's (they didn't show times).. Keep in mind this was at Lassiter Mtn so it was a bit of a challenge for many to get down the track.

I have borrowed another wastegate spring to get the boost down from the 22# I'm running now. It would be hard for me to get down a unprepped track as it is.

Lassiter Mountain will host several EZ Street races running with the MESRA org this year. I plan to get a true 88mm turbo so I can run this and ORSCA stuff too.

Dusty Bradford said:
Yep. 295/65 M/T radials

I have borrowed another wastegate spring to get the boost down from the 22# I'm running now. It would be hard for me to get down a unprepped track as it is.

Lassiter Mountain will host several EZ Street races running with the MESRA org this year. I plan to get a true 88mm turbo so I can run this and ORSCA stuff too.

This is going to be great; you should be able to make several races this year.
Get Harry cracking on the GT5588 and don't forget us small folk when you are famous.

Niiiice !

About time you finished that car ;) With all the money you have and all the free time in your hands...it should have been done a year ago :D I have a hunch you are going to have a lot of fun :redface: Be safe...

Boost said:
About time you finished that car ;) With all the money you HAD and all the free time in your hands...it should have been done a year ago :D I have a hunch you are going to have a lot of fun :redface: Be safe...

There, I fixed your post for you :biggrin:

Thanks Roy

Somebody send this man some bumper fillers!!

;)

Attachments

• Dusty.jpg
    Dusty.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 289
Back