Trade my '53 Chevy Truck for GN + Cash

fordh8tr

Hello all. I have admired GN's for the longest time, as well as this site. I just recently finished a 6 year project of building my 1953 Chevy 5 Window Truck. Now that i have it done, it's a little too much to be a daily driver. I have only had it in one local show and i won 'best of show'. The Truck is 2000 Corvette Millenium Yellow (Dupont paint) base/clear. Exterior mods are shaved door handles, franched antenna, and 3rd brake light. All steel, only the front bed panel and tailgate are new. All the rest is original steel, no fiberglass. Other then that, almost everything is new. The wood and stainless in the bed, bumpers, grill etc. The Interior is from Rod Doors. Done in grey/black. The headliner matched the door panels. It has power windows, and remote door poppers. Only inside door handles. The remote activates and deactivates the alarm as well as pops both doors open (very cool around a crowd). This was a frame off deal. The first thing we did was paint the frame semi-gloss black. All the taillights are LED for great visibilty and cool factor. Every single nut and bolt on this truck is stainless steel EVER ONE OF THEM. I did not want a single rusty bolt on my truck. Now...

the motor is a early 350, the serial number indicates that it's a 69-74 Corvette block.
GM forged crank
trw flat tops (approx 10:1 comp)
Edelbrock Performer RPM heads,
Comp Cams Pro Magnum Rockers,
Comp Cams treme Engery cam,
Edelbrock Street Tunnel Ram w/ 2 500 cfm edelbrock carbs.
K&N velocity Stacks
All mds ignition.
Powermaster starter and alternator.
VIntage Air a/c... YES IT HAS A/C TOO!!!
VDO gauges, with a Stewart Warner Tach.
Everythint that Lokar makes (tranny and oil dipsticks, shifter and e-brake)
New Panosinc cd-player w/ 4 6.5" pioneer speakers
Dynomax headers with 2.5" exhaust w/ Stainlness C4 tips under the runningboards

All SSBC brakes with red calipers

This truck sounds AMAZING.. you would thing a race car was coming down the road via flowmaster delta 40 mufflers.

17x8 front 17x9.5 rear Torq Thrust II's with BFG KDWS (nice lip on the back wheels)

I am not looking for a straight up trade. i am looking for a nice low mileage 86-87 (preferably 87) GN, either stock or modded, but worthy of being a daily driver + Cash. Figured i would post it here and give it a shot. Even if you are not looking for a trade, i hope you like the pics. See pics below
Picture410.jpg

Picture409.jpg

Picture408.jpg

Picture407.jpg

Picture406.jpg

Picture405-1.jpg

Picture355-1.jpg

Picture404.jpg

Picture300.jpg

Picture283.jpg

Very nice looking truck, great job!!!!

What did you end up with on your tire combination? I have the same wheels on my truck but I'm not able to find replacement tires in my size. Comp TA's are not available any more and they were the only one's I found that had rears for me 305/45/17. That put me just shy of 28", I think it was 27.8". What's your combination front and rear?

I need tires bad!!!

Thanks in advance, and a TTT for ya.

the front tires are 245/45/17 rears are 275/40/17

I am thinking it's worth $35k-$40k But i am going to get it appraised. Also for insurance purposes.

I have seen truck no where near the level of my truck sell for $20k-$25k

The truck has a Turbo 350 with lockup and 2:42 gears. I know they are low, but it is still very quick. So i didn't want to go any taller than a 25.7" tire. I was intending this to be a daily driver the entire time or alse i would have went with 3.73 gears.

It has new springs, urethane bushings in the rear and 1.125 sway bars front and rear so it handles very good for a truck. I liek that it has almost no body roll going around turns which looks sooo good.

There really is too much to list as to what has been done to this truck. I have a paper bag full of reciepts. This truck should really be a weekend warrior/show truck instead of a daily driver. I only live 7 miles for work, but it's still too much.

If someone put some lower gears and a higher stall in this truck it would be an absolute animal. And it's catches everyones eye. I like the setup the way it is cause i am one to not abuse my vehicles. But the changes would be easy. Here are some more pics of the buildup...
Picture295.jpg

Picture267.jpg

Picture132-1.jpg

White primer/sealer to make the yellow stand out more.
Picture346.jpg

Picture378.jpg

Picture383.jpg

Picture390.jpg

Picture391.jpg

Picture392.jpg

I am in Florida, Tampa Bay Area.

Thank you very much for the compliments. More than just Turbo Buick fans, i have seen plenty of Hot Rodders on here, so any positive comment on the truck is greatly appreciated.

chevy truck

hey man that's a bad ass truck.i just bought a 1952 3/4 ton.haven't made up my mind yet to go new like yours or original.think you've got around 40,000 to do yours?how about a e-mail for some advice & info. thanks tom

hey man that's a bad ass truck.i just bought a 1952 3/4 ton.haven't made up my mind yet to go new like yours or original.think you've got around 40,000 to do yours?how about a e-mail for some advice & info. thanks tom

Thank you. Which ever way you go, there are some really good places to get good parts for these trucks. The only 2 that I delt with are Brothers Trucks Brothers Chevy & GMC Classic Truck Parts : 1947-87 Original & Custom Classic Chevrolet & GMC Trucks, and The Car and Truck Shop Chevy - GMC Parts | Vintage Car, Classic Truck Parts. They are great to deal with. If your truck still have the stock straight front axle, there are a lot of companies that sell independent front suspension kits. It's been a while since i added up the receipts, but i have about $35,000 in it. It would have been more, but I painted it, and a good paint job could be $10k-$15k. Your 3/4 ton is a longbed if I am thinking of the right truck, which you see less of, so that would be a unique truck. One good thing is that now you can buy all of the sheetmetal now, i got lucky and had half way decent metal though.