You can type here any text you want

tranny and tune help - Jacksonville

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jooset

Any recommendations on who in Jacksonville would be good to do some work on the tranny (stock with shift kit installed) and also general tune on the motor? Just went to the track for the first time and I've got issues. Tranny worked fine at the track but on the way home I lost OD and shift points seem to be off. However, at the track I was getting a backfire/miss on the low end as she was shifting between 1-2, 2-3 I think. Ran great once in third. I don't have a scanmaster/TL/DS....yet. Got lots to look at. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks.

See Mr. Transmission there in O.P. But only if Travis is still there. He may be working with his son in Calahan at a place called US a-1 or USA Transmissions. He did mine a few years ago and knows them well.

If you can swing it, there's a post by V6 Beast in Parts for Sale for a Scanmaster, $200. That's gonna be hard to beat. Might want to snatch it up.

Thanks for the feedback.

Travis' son still works at Mr. Transmission.

Missed out on the Scanmaster. I'm going to get one within the next month regardless.

Travis son did mine 4 years ago at Mr Transmission & it's still working great.
The Buick dealer charged much more & it lasted 14 months & 10k miles.

Jonny Ray at Terry Buick or Kendal Frederick for tuning.

If your shift points are now sloppy and it seems you have to be going faster to get it to shift yet you have to let off the gas to force it, you could have knocked your check ball out of the governor, i had that happen to me when i tore apart my DS. be very weary of driving it if thats the case, you are hurting the tranny as i believe fluid pressure is at a minimum and parts heat up real quick. its not a hard fix actually, just drop the pan, take the governor off (4 bolts if im not mistaken) and be sure to watch for when/where it falls out of. there is also a spring in there associated with the gov and ball, make sure you find that as well. neither should be in the pan but anything is possible.

Back