Tranny leak...front of the trans...

Boston GN

What could possibly be leaking at the front of my trans. The lines go into the side of the trans if I'm not mistaken? but this is coming from the front. I am completely trans illiterate, so any help is good help. Doesn't leak too much, just enough to cause me stress though. Anything I can add to help "slow" the leak before I put a converter in and fix the problem?

Originally posted by Boston Boy
What could possibly be leaking at the front of my trans. The lines go into the side of the trans if I'm not mistaken? but this is coming from the front. I am completely trans illiterate, so any help is good help. Doesn't leak too much, just enough to cause me stress though. Anything I can add to help "slow" the leak before I put a converter in and fix the problem?

Front pump seal. You can fix it (R&R) when you install
the new converter.

If it is pump area that is easy to see if you pull the shield off.These trannys leak from the overflow tube on the top of the tranny.The tube faces the ditch side of the tranny just above the lines.Mine would puke out after a burn out.I had to stuff rags up there to keep it off the track.This started after the nine inch was installed.If it is this you can drop the crossmember pull the tranny down enough to put a line off the tube into a puke tank of some sort with cotton in it to keep it contained.Jim:)