You can type here any text you want

Tranny ?'s

• Thread starter Thread starter Ryan87GN
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
R

Ryan87GN

I bought my GN less than a year ago with 130,000 miles on it, and my transmission has been acting up. It dosen't want to shift at WOT all of the time, and when it does its way too late at about 5700 or 5800 RPMs. I have messed around with the detent cable a couple of times and it really did'nt change very much. I thought that it was the governor spring, but when I pulled the pan the spring was still there. Could my transmission need a rebuild or has anybody ever had anything like this happen to them before? I have also had a trouble code for a bad VSS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ryan

How are you reading the RPMs? If you are going off the stock LED tach, it is WAY off. If you do not have a scan tool or an external tach, get one. ERIC.

Thanks for the reply, I am monitering my RPM's by way of a Summit Racing tach that is mounted on the dash. I don't have a scantool yet but when I get some money I'll probably go with the Scanmaster 2.1.

Thanks again,
Ryan

Back