Tranny slipping 2-3gear on hard acceleration

85begalttype

just a v6
when i step on the gas, it shifts really nice from first to second, but from second to third the engine rpms go up but my car kinda coasts like its in neutral, but when i ease off the gas, it shifts. also shifts good from third to OD. If im driving normally, the tranny shifts through all the gears perfectly. The fluid is at full level and its a 85 t-type completely stock. this problem started yesterday after i got new rear springs installed.

How many miles are on the tranny? I would try and tighten the TV cable a couple of notches as a temporary fix. This may bump the line pressure enough to stop the flare. If its a higher mile transmission it could be anything from worn seals, grooves in the direct drum where the sealing rings ride, worn clutches that are out of clearance etc... You can also try overfilling the transmission by a quart. Its definitely a coincidence that it happened when the rear springs were put in.

Thanks for the reply, there is about 190kms on the tranny. TV adjustment is at the tranny right, not by the throttle body? im getting it looked at on wednesday.

my tranny is doing the samething....my cable is as tight as I can get...so I'm tranny shoppping:( ....

JDS - when you say TIGHTEN up the tv a notch or two .... does that mean to pull the cable OUT of tranny a tooth (or two) so that it is holding tv open a little more?

Just for my information (and maybe a dumb question) - In what circumstances would you LOOSEN (let the plunger out) the tv (a notch or two??