^#$#$$#$# tranny

rob85gn

buick_lover
ok here goes the t/c is locking up at 20 miles an hour with out being pluged in do i just change the solinoid??? and also how do you check for power in the plug?:confused: this makes tranny #4

Yep, sounds like a stuck TCC solenoid. Power should be present in terminal A of your harness. That is the terminal located in the upper left postion when viewing the case connector.

Look closely at the connector on your harness and you should see the terminal designations marked right on it.

power

whith the car running there is no power to any wire or in gear is there any fuses.and also how many volts goes to the tranny thanks in advance

Power to terminal A is routed through your brake pedal switch. You should have a constant 12V as long as the key is on. Power to terminal A is cut when the brakes are applied.

The TCC circuit, when active, uses less than 1 amp.

I'm not trying to insult you but I need to ask this. You are probing the vehicle wiring harness and not the transmission case connector, correct?

power

no insult taken i am learning as i go.the wiring harness it self has no power at all as i recall the car never had lock up since i bought it can i run a direct 12 volt to term.a and see if it un sticks the tcc i have to drop the pan anyways to change the speedo gears

tranny

i went to a local shop today called smith brothers they told me i could not change the gears on the govener that they are on the main spline???? is this true or is he full of it.he allso told me that he wanted 1800 for a rebuild that is way to much

full of it.

the gear on the output shaft is ground into it. The governor gear comes off when the clip on the bottom of the gear is removed.

I finally made 100 posts , thank god. I never though it was going to happen.