Trans cooler lines

Pittsburghkid

Displacement Replacement.
I know the two main lines that run from the transmission to the tranny cooler in the rad. But where do these other two lines go? When I bought the car it was an 84 to 87 conversion so things may have just been rigged together to work but not necessarily the way the factoy intended. Any help is appreciated.

f2c0_12.jpg

lines

they are trans cooler lines that connect to the radiator at the front pass side tank or at least that's how it is on mine.

they are trans cooler lines that connect to the radiator at the front pass side tank or at least that's how it is on mine.

So these lines connect to the trans cooler in the end tanks and then to the longer lines that come from the tranny? The previous owner of my car had the lines come from the tranny to the rad, then rubber lines conneced for about 6" with rad clamps then metal lines for the last 3" into the tranny. So I want it to look like it supposed to, not a jerry rigged piece of crap.

you're missing the two 5/16IF brass elbows that go into the trans coooler ports on the front side of the 86-87 radiator

then those two lines connect to the elbows and fit around the side of the rad end tank with a wide rubber seperator that holds the lines so they dont rub the tank
then the 86-87 trans cooler lines connect into those two tubes using a pair of 5/16 IF brass couplers

the 85 lines arent the same as the 86-87 because the hotair had the cooler on the engine side

Thanks for all the help guys. I thought I was gonna need some 90* elbows but I was thinking they was 1/4"

Bob, thanks for sharing this PDF! I just used it installing my cooler lines into my ALRADCO rad instead of the external cooler I was using. Had a heck of a time figuring out what end of what line with what adapter went where. Thanks again!

James

x2

That file is a wealth of resources.