You can type here any text you want

Transbrake button.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cheeseburger

Thought i would ask about this here in the stage II section as it would apply more here i.m.o.
Anyhow which buttons are you guys using and is everyone mounting on the steering wheel?
I have been searching around and price's are anywhere from $20- $200 (Steve Kirk).
Thanks in advance!

Mike.

switch

I disconnected the horn and used the horn button. First time I used it at the track I realized I only unplugged one horn so I was blowing the horn the whole time I was staged.:redface: J/K
I use a shift knob with a button in it. Can get one just about anywhere for an aftermarket shifter. Good luck.

Steve Kirk :cool:

P3290067.jpg

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Don't mean to hijack but it is a related question. How has everyone wired their switch? Direct power through the switch and then the trans or do you use a relay? Just wondering pros and cons. Thanks

Mike, My buddy George had one in the steering wheel, and it was a real P.I.T.A. when trying to reverse and turn at the same time, and the coiled wire kept getting caught in the tilt steering gaps. Finally he took my advice and installed one in the handle of this shifter. He likes it MUCH better.. Mine's built into my Cheetah shifter, so i have no worries. :cool:

Mike, My buddy George had one in the steering wheel, and it was a real P.I.T.A. when trying to reverse and turn at the same time, and the coiled wire kept getting caught in the tilt steering gaps. Finally he took my advice and installed one in the handle of this shifter. He likes it MUCH better.. Mine's built into my Cheetah shifter, so i have no worries. :cool:

Thanks Bud, that is the type of info i want.
I have my linelock wired into the shifter but i can always wire it elsewhere.
Are you rebuilding your stage car Fred?

Mike.

In my opinion, you have to shift to second so fast the only place to have the button is on the shifter. Of course everyone has their own style.

In my opinion, you have to shift to second so fast the only place to have the button is on the shifter. Of course everyone has their own style.

Hacing run and driven cars running 9s and faster I find that its not good (Depending on the shifter) to have it "ON" the handle as with certain shifters you will have the tendency to pull it right into second gear on a hard launch,this occurs with a reverse valve body not a forward.
I liked mine right behind the shifter in the shift plate,as soon as you let go you just reach forward and pull to shift.
I was using a Hurst Quarter Stick

Obviously with a 200 4R this would not be an issue

I was using the button on my Cheetah shifter for trans brake and it sucked. On a hard launch, I would pull the shifter into 2nd. :mad:

On the reverse issue, I installed a switch that I flip to go into reverse, no more holding the button. I set up the steering wheel button to have a 2 cavity weatherpack quick disconnect. I unplug the wire and wrap it around the steering, no more wire hanging while driving on the street.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

It may sound a little odd but I have mine on the right side in the original ashtray compartment ( you know, where some put switches ). Anyway I like it because it used to be on the shifter and about every other launch I would pull the shifter into 2nd when I let go of the button. The switch is on the right side of the compartment and I use my right thumb to press it. I'd say sit in the seat and try it, it feels comfortable to me. The switch is a TCI unit that I think costs about $20.

Just some thoughts,

Dave Fiscus

First time I used the brake I pulled it into second. But then I just depressed the button with my thumb without fully grasping the handle, and pull my hand away when it's go time. I think I react quicker this way.

I like the B@M mushroom button mounted on the steering wheel. By far the fastest button around. My whole arm flyes off the button at the sign of the first yellow, not just removal of the thumb.Thats suposed to be the most consistant. It shifts electronicly w/ an RPM box to the solinoid. 2 speed glide. For those wanting the best muliti shift shifter, I'd recomend a Cheeta w/ a Deadenbear shift box. Can be elictric or air.

Craig

biondo button here

Attachments

• _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00063.jpg
    _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00063.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 882
Using a Dedenbear button in the shift plate. Was going to mount one on the steering wheel but decided its best to keep my hand near the shifter because the 1/2 shift comes so quick.

Attachments

• trans_button.jpg
    trans_button.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 526
I use the "grandpa" sized button,[Largre, red from Summit], mounted on the console. I was going to be operating the shifter,[t-400,rmvb] so I put the button close to it. It allows one to relax thier arm, and make a quik release, too.

Here is some food for thought.

There is no reason you can't have 2 switches that operate the transbrake

one would be a coiled loose wire switch for the launch and a second on the shifter for reverse.

When you are street driving just store the Launch switch beside the seat.

Back